Western Kentucky vs. Appalachian State Betting Odds & Game Analysis | College Football Boca Raton Bowl Predictions
The oddsmakers think the Boca Raton Bowl between the Appalachian State Mountaineers and Western Kentucky Hilltoppers will be a relatively close one, with the Mountaineers favored by 3 points. FAU Stadium in Boca Raton, Florida will host the matchup on December 18, 2021, starting at 11:00 AM ET. An over/under of 67.5 points has been set for the contest.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Appalachian State stats and betting info
Betting trends for Appalachian State
- So far this season, Appalachian State has compiled an 8-5-0 record against the spread.
- When they have played as at least 3-point favorites this season, the Mountaineers are 6-4 against the spread.
- Five of Appalachian State’s 13 games with a set total have hit the over (38.5%).
- This season, Appalachian State games have gone over this matchup’s 67.5-point total just once.
- The Mountaineers have seen a 56.3 average over/under in their games this season, 11.2 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- The Mountaineers collect only 5.9 more yards per game (428.4), than the Hilltoppers give up per contest (422.5).
- Appalachian State is 8-0 overall when the team churns out over 422.5 yards.
- The Mountaineers have turned the ball over 21 times this season, six fewer than the Hilltoppers have forced (27).
|Pass yards||240.8 (3131)||59|
|Rush yards||187.5 (2438)||39|
|Points scored||34.2 (445)||16|
|Pass yards against||206.6 (2686)||31|
|Rush yards against||119.1 (1548)||19|
|Points allowed||19.3 (251)||16|
Key players for Appalachian State
- Chase Brice has thrown for 3,022 yards (232.5 ypg) to lead Appalachian State, completing 61.7% of his passes and collecting 23 touchdown passes and 10 interceptions this season. He’s also figured in the ground game with 176 rushing yards (13.5 ypg) on 65 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- Nate Noel’s team-high 1,074 rushing yards (82.6 per game) have come on 196 carries, with four touchdowns this year.
- Corey Sutton’s 904 receiving yards (69.5 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s registered 61 receptions and seven touchdowns.
Western Kentucky stats and betting info
Betting trends for Western Kentucky
- Western Kentucky’s ATS record is 8-4-0 this year.
- The Hilltoppers are 2-1 against the spread when an underdog by 3 points or more this season.
- In Western Kentucky’s 12 games with a set total, eight have hit the over (66.7%).
- This season, seven games Western Kentucky played finished with a combined score higher than 67.5 points.
- Hilltoppers’ games are equal to the over/under of this matchup at 67.5 points.
- The Hilltoppers collect 202.7 more yards per game (528.4) than the Mountaineers give up (325.7).
- Western Kentucky is 8-5 overall when the team churns out more than 325.7 yards.
- The Hilltoppers have 19 giveaways this season, while the Mountaineers have 21 takeaways .
|Pass yards||433.5 (5636)||1|
|Rush yards||94.8 (1233)||125|
|Points scored||43.1 (560)||1|
|Pass yards against||260.3 (3384)||112|
|Rush yards against||162.2 (2108)||82|
|Points allowed||28.7 (373)||90|
Key players for Western Kentucky
- Bailey Zappe has thrown for 5,531 yards (425.5 ypg) to lead Western Kentucky, completing 69.2% of his passes and recording 56 touchdown passes and 11 interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Noah Whittington, has carried the ball 94 times for 467 yards (35.9 per game), with one touchdown this year.
- Jerreth Sterns’ team-high 1,718 receiving yards (132.2 yards per game) have come on 137 receptions with 14 touchdowns.
Sports bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!