West Virginia vs. Texas Betting Odds & Game Analysis | College Football Week 12 Predictions
In a battle of two conference rivals, the West Virginia Mountaineers (4-6, 0-0 Big 12) will play the Texas Longhorns (4-6, 0-0 Big 12). The Mountaineers are small favorites (-2). The game has an over/under of 57.5 points.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
West Virginia stats and betting info
Betting trends for West Virginia
- West Virginia has a 5-5-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Mountaineers are 2-2 against the spread when favored by 2 points or more this season.
- West Virginia has hit the over in four of its 10 games with a set total (40%).
- This season, West Virginia games have hit the over on this matchup’s 57.5-point total three times.
- This season the average total for Mountaineers games is 52.1 points, 5.4 fewer than the over/under of 57.5 points for this contest.
- The Mountaineers average 66.2 fewer yards per game (370.5), than the Longhorns allow per outing (436.7).
- In games that West Virginia amasses more than 436.7 yards, the team is 3-0 overall.
- The Mountaineers have turned the ball over 17 times this season, three more turnovers than the Longhorns have forced (14).
|Pass yards||260.7 (2607)||40|
|Rush yards||109.8 (1098)||117|
|Points scored||25.7 (257)||85|
|Pass yards against||224.0 (2240)||53|
|Rush yards against||126.5 (1265)||33|
|Points allowed||24.1 (241)||54|
Key players for West Virginia
- Jarret Doege has 2,448 passing yards (244.8 ypg) to lead West Virginia, completing 65.7% of his passes and throwing 13 touchdown passes and 10 interceptions this season.
- Leddie Brown’s team-high 751 rushing yards (75.1 per game) have come on 171 carries, with 11 touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 30 catches for 198 yards (19.8 per game) and one touchdown.
- Winston Wright’s 576 receiving yards (57.6 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 51 receptions and two touchdowns.
Texas stats and betting info
Betting trends for Texas
- Texas is 4-6-0 against the spread this year.
- The Longhorns are 0-3 against the spread when an underdog by 2 points or greater this year.
- Texas has hit the over in five of its 10 games with a set total (50%).
- There have been six Texas games that have ended with a combined score over 57.5 points this season.
- A difference of 2.9 points separates the average total points bet in Longhorns’ games (60.4 points) and this game’s over/under (57.5 points).
- The Longhorns average 85.5 more yards per game (436.0) than the Mountaineers allow (350.5).
- Texas is 4-3 overall when the team piles up more than 350.5 yards.
- This year the Longhorns have turned the ball over 16 times, seven more than the Mountaineers’ takeaways (9).
|Pass yards||238.1 (2381)||62|
|Rush yards||197.9 (1979)||29|
|Points scored||37.8 (378)||13|
|Pass yards against||235.4 (2354)||74|
|Rush yards against||201.3 (2013)||113|
|Points allowed||32.5 (325)||108|
Key players for Texas
- Casey Thompson has thrown for 1,914 yards (191.4 ypg) to lead Texas, completing 64.3% of his passes and tossing 23 touchdown passes and seven interceptions this season. He’s also figured in the ground game with 148 rushing yards (14.8 ypg) on 51 carries with four rushing touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, Bijan Robinson, has carried the ball 195 times for 1,127 yards (112.7 per game), with 11 touchdowns this year. He’s proven to be a dual threat, hauling in 295 receiving yards (29.5 per game) on 26 catches with four receiving touchdowns.
- Xavier Worthy’s team-high 848 receiving yards (84.8 yards per game) have come on 50 receptions with 11 touchdowns.
Sports bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!