Washington Wizards vs. Phoenix Suns Betting Odds & Game Analysis | December 16
The Phoenix Suns (22-5) battle the Washington Wizards (15-14) on December 16, 2021 at Footprint Center. The Suns are favorites by eight points as they enter the matchup 8-2 in their last 10 games. The over/under for the matchup is set at 216.5.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NBA matchup between the Phoenix Suns and Washington Wizards in which the Suns are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Phoenix Vs. Washington Moneyline Betting Action
Suns stats and betting info
Betting trends for Phoenix
- Phoenix has gone 14-13-0 ATS this season.
- The Suns have a 4-5 record against the spread this season when favored by 8 points or more.
- The teams have hit the over in 11 of Phoenix’s 27 games with a set total.
- This season, Phoenix games have hit the over on this matchup’s 216.5-point total 12 times.
- The Suns have seen a 218.2 average over/under in their games this season, 1.7 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- The Suns are 21-3 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 87.5% of those games).
- Phoenix has played in seven games as a moneyline favorite with odds of -375 or shorter and won each time.
- The Suns have a 78.9% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
Key players for Phoenix
- Chris Paul: 14.6 PTS, 10.3 AST, 2 STL, 47.4 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (26-for-78)
- Devin Booker: 23.2 PTS, 45.8 FG%, 40.3 3PT% (50-for-124)
- Deandre Ayton: 16.9 PTS, 11.2 REB, 62.1 FG%
- Mikal Bridges: 12.2 PTS, 1.4 STL, 53.6 FG%, 40.7 3PT% (35-for-86)
- JaVale McGee: 10.3 PTS, 7.5 REB, 64.2 FG%
Suns Injuries: Dario Saric: Out (Knee), Frank Kaminsky: Out (Knee), Devin Booker: Out (Hamstring), Deandre Ayton: Day To Day (Illness), Jalen Smith: Day To Day (Illness)
Wizards stats and betting info
Betting trends for Washington
- Phoenix is 14-13-0 against the spread this season.
- The Suns are 4-5 against the spread when favored by 8 points or more this season.
- Phoenix games have gone over the point total in 11 out of 27 opportunities (40.7%).
- A total of 14 of Washington’s games finished with a combined score higher than 216.5 points this season.
- Wizards games have an over/under of 215.9 points this season, 0.6 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
- This season, the Wizards have won seven out of the 15 games, or 46.7%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Washington has not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +288.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 25.8% chance of a victory for the Wizards.
Key players for Washington
- Bradley Beal: 22.7 PTS, 5.8 AST, 44.6 FG%, 27.1 3PT% (39-for-144)
- Montrezl Harrell: 14.7 PTS, 7.6 REB, 64.3 FG%, 25 3PT% (2-for-8)
- Kyle Kuzma: 13.1 PTS, 8.1 REB, 42.1 FG%, 34.8 3PT% (54-for-155)
- Spencer Dinwiddie: 12.8 PTS, 5.1 AST, 38.7 FG%, 32.8 3PT% (41-for-125)
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope: 11 PTS, 1.3 STL, 41.8 FG%, 38.7 3PT% (58-for-150)
Wizards Injuries: Rui Hachimura: Out (Not With Team), Thomas Bryant: Out (Left Knee)
Pick for Suns vs. Wizards
Betting split data from regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth games analysis points to the Suns being favored to win over the Wizards.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best NBA odds across legal sportsbooks.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!