Washington Nationals vs. Pittsburgh Pirates: Best Odds and Preview for September 12, 2021
The Washington Nationals (58-84) play the Pittsburgh Pirates (52-90) after Juan Soto had a four-hit performance in a 10-7 loss to the Pirates. The Nationals are favored (-128) in this matchup with the Pirates (+111), which begins at 1:05 PM ET on Sunday.
Washington’s Patrick Corbin gets the start against Pittsburgh’s Bryse Wilson.
Best Odds for Washington Nationals vs Pittsburgh Pirates
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Washington Nationals and Pittsburgh Pirates in which the Pirates are currently the pick at sportsbooks based on money wagered at regulated sportsbooks, yet the Nationals have picked up a majority of the total number of tickets wagered.
Nationals vs Pirates Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||68%||32%|
|% of Stake||42%||58%|
- The Nationals have come away with 31 wins in the 52 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- Washington and their opponents have hit the over in 65 of their 141 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Nationals have scored the 17th-most runs in the league this season with 626 (4.4 per game).
- Over the past 10 games, Washington has been favored just one time and left with a loss in that contest.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Nationals and their foes are 5-4-1 in their last 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Corbin (7-14) gets the starting nod for the Nationals in his 28th start of the season. He has a 6.14 ERA in 148 innings pitched, with 118 strikeouts.
- In his last appearance on Monday against the Mets, the left-hander threw seven innings, giving up three earned runs while surrendering 11 hits.
- Corbin’s team has won 11 of his 27 starts.
- Corbin’s starts went over the run total 15 times in 27 games with a set total this season.
- The Pirates have compiled a 45-86 record in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 34.4% of those games).
- Pittsburgh has combined with opponents to go over the total 68 times this season for a 68-68-6 record against the over/under.
- The Pirates have the No. 30 offense in MLB action scoring 3.6 runs per game (513 total runs).
- Pittsburgh has a 2-5 record across the seven games it was the underdog on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings — all of which had a set run total — the Pirates and their opponents combined to go over the total seven times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Wilson makes the start for the Pirates, his seventh of the season. He is 0-3 with a 4.35 ERA and 20 strikeouts in 31 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last pitched on Monday against the Tigers, when he threw six innings, allowing three earned runs while giving up six hits.
- Wilson’s team is 2-5 in his seven starts.
- Wilson has started seven contests with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in two of them.
Pick for Nationals vs. Pirates
The Pirates are favored to win over the Nationals based on our in-depth games analysis combined with the bet split data from regulated betting sites.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.