Washington Nationals vs. Pittsburgh Pirates: Best Odds and Preview for September 11, 2021
The Pittsburgh Pirates (51-90) host the Washington Nationals (58-83) on Saturday at 6:35 PM ET. The Pirates are moneyline underdogs (+111) against the favored Nationals (-130).
Washington’s Patrick Corbin starts against Pittsburgh’s Wil Crowe.
Best Odds for Washington Nationals vs Pittsburgh Pirates
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Washington Nationals and Pittsburgh Pirates in which the Nationals are currently the pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Nationals vs Pirates Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||83%||17%|
|% of Stake||57%||43%|
- The Nationals have been victorous in 31, or 60.8%, of the 51 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Contests with Washington have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 64 of 140 chances this season.
- The Nationals rank 17th in the league with 623 total runs scored this season.
- The Nationals are named as favorites for the first time in a while, they have been favored to lose in their last 10 games.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Nationals and their opponents are 5-4-1 in their last 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Nationals are sending Corbin (7-14) to the mound to make his 28th start of the season. He is 7-14 with a 6.14 ERA and 118 strikeouts over 148 innings pitched.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Monday against the Mets, when he tossed seven innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up 11 hits.
- Corbin’s team is 11-16 in his 27 starts.
- Corbin has had 27 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and 15 of those games hit the over.
- The Pirates have compiled a 44-86 record in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 33.8% of those games).
- Pittsburgh has played in 141 games with over/under set, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 67 times (67-68-6).
- The Pirates are the lowest scoring team in MLB action averaging 3.6 runs per game (509 total).
- Pittsburgh has a 1-6 record across the seven games it was the underdog on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Pirates and their opponents combined to go over the total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Crowe makes the start for the Pirates, his 22nd of the season. He is 3-7 with a 5.94 ERA and 89 strikeouts in 97 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last appeared on Sunday against the Cubs, when he threw three innings, allowing seven earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- Crowe’s team is 9-12 in his 21 starts.
- Crowe has started 21 contests with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 10 of them.
Pick for Nationals vs. Pirates
Betting split data from regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth games analysis favors the Nationals to win over the Pirates.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.