Washington Nationals vs New York Mets Betting Odds & Game Analysis | August 1
The New York Mets visit the Washington Nationals at Nationals Park, taking the field at 7:05pm ET on Monday August 1st, 7:05pm ET. The Washington Nationals are 2-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 8.5 runs.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the Major League Baseball game between the New York Mets and Washington Nationals.
Washington and New York Betting Info
- Four of the last five games between the Mets and Nationals at Nationals Park have gone UNDER the total runs line.
- The Nationals have lost each of their last 10 night games against NL East opponents following a home loss.
New York Mets Stats
|Team Batting AVG||.256|
|AVG Runs Scored||4.7|
Key Players for New York
- Edwin Díaz: 1.51 ERA, 18.14 K/9, 0.91 WHIP
- Taijuan Walker: 2.79 ERA, 6.97 K/9, 1.13 WHIP
- Peter Alonso: .276 Batting Avg, .352 OBP, .536 SLG, .888 OPS, 56 Runs
- Starling Marte: .301 Batting Avg, .349 OBP, .477 SLG, .826 OPS, 57 Runs
- Eduardo Escobar: .222 Batting Avg, .273 OBP, .398 SLG, .671 OPS, 40 Runs
- Brandon Nimmo: .262 Batting Avg, .342 OBP, .421 SLG, .763 OPS, 62 Runs
- Francisco Lindor: .262 Batting Avg, .337 OBP, .449 SLG, .786 OPS, 60 Runs
- Mark Canha: .271 Batting Avg, .368 OBP, .380 SLG, .748 OPS, 43 Runs
- Luis Guillorme: .288 Batting Avg, .368 OBP, .367 SLG, .735 OPS, 27 Runs
- Daniel Vogelbach: .375 Batting Avg, .545 OBP, .500 SLG, 1.045 OPS, 2 Runs
- Tomás Nido: .217 Batting Avg, .268 OBP, .250 SLG, .518 OPS, 17 Runs
Washington Nationals Stats
|Team Batting AVG||.246|
|AVG Runs Scored||3.8|
Key Players for Washington
- Cory Abbott: 2.25 ERA, 13.50 K/9, 0.75 WHIP
- Kyle Finnegan: 3.51 ERA, 9.66 K/9, 1.15 WHIP
- Paolo Espino: 3.78 ERA, 6.75 K/9, 1.25 WHIP
- Samuel Clay: 10.39 ERA, 6.23 K/9, 1.38 WHIP
- Juan Soto: .243 Batting Avg, .403 OBP, .475 SLG, .878 OPS, 60 Runs
- César Hernández: .242 Batting Avg, .307 OBP, .307 SLG, .614 OPS, 51 Runs
- Keibert Ruiz: .248 Batting Avg, .309 OBP, .341 SLG, .650 OPS, 23 Runs
- Maikel Franco: .232 Batting Avg, .261 OBP, .347 SLG, .608 OPS, 28 Runs
- Yadiel Hernandez: .271 Batting Avg, .312 OBP, .415 SLG, .727 OPS, 24 Runs
- Luis García: .281 Batting Avg, .288 OBP, .411 SLG, .699 OPS, 15 Runs
- Nelson Cruz: .232 Batting Avg, .316 OBP, .347 SLG, .663 OPS, 41 Runs
- Joshua Bell: .302 Batting Avg, .385 OBP, .493 SLG, .878 OPS, 52 Runs
- Victor Robles: .234 Batting Avg, .293 OBP, .323 SLG, .616 OPS, 32 Runs
In the last 5 matchups between the Nationals and Mets, the Nationals won once and the Mets won four times. Their most recent matchup on June 1, 2022 ended 5-0 with the New York Mets taking the win.
MLB Computer Picks For Betting Previews
MLB computer picks are betting recommendations made by an AI computer algorithm with a final check by sports betting analyst.
The AI algorithm considers various data points to come up with its betting prediction. Betting trends, game venue, line-ups, weather, injury, news updates, and a wide range of stats are the factors taken into account when making MLB betting preview computer picks.
A professional sports bettor performs the final check.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best MLB Odds across legal sportsbooks.
Sign up for BestOdds’ Newsletter
The most entertaining betting analysis and cherry-picked insights in your inbox.
Yankees vs. Blue Jays Player Props | Jose Trevino | Friday
Yankees vs. Blue Jays Player Props | Jameson Taillon | Friday
Yankees vs. Blue Jays Player Props | Andrew Benintendi | Friday
Twins vs. Rangers Player Props | Luis Arraez | Friday
The Texas Rangers visit the Minnesota Twins at Target Field, taking the field at 8:10pm ET on Friday August 19th. The Texas Rangers are 1-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 8 runs…