Washington Nationals vs. Miami Marlins: Best Odds and Preview for September 14, 2021
The Washington Nationals (59-85) and the Miami Marlins (61-83) square off on Tuesday at 7:05 PM ET. The Nationals are moneyline favorites (-165) against the underdog Marlins (+145).
Washington’s Erick Fedde starts against Miami’s Jesus Luzardo.
Best Odds for Washington Nationals vs Miami Marlins
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Washington Nationals and Miami Marlins.
- The Nationals have come away with 32 wins in the 53 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- Washington’s games have gone over the total in 65 of their 143 opportunities.
- The Nationals have scored 639 runs (4.4 per game) this season, which ranks 17th in MLB.
- Over their last 10 games, Washington has been favored twice and split those games 1-1.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Nationals and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on four occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Nationals are sending Fedde (6-9) to the mound to make his 25th start of the season. He is 6-9 with a 5.31 ERA and 112 strikeouts through 117 innings pitched.
- In his last outing on Thursday against the Braves, the right-hander went six innings, giving up four earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- Fedde’s team is 11-13 over his 24 starts.
- Fedde’s starts hit the over on the run total 12 times in 24 games with a set total this season.
- The Marlins have gone 35-64 in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 35.4% of those games).
- Miami has played in 144 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 62 times (62-72-10).
- The Marlins are the third-lowest scoring team in baseball averaging 3.9 runs per game (567 total).
- Miami has a 5-4 record from the nine games it was moneyline underdogs over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Marlins and their opponents combined to go over the run total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Marlins are sending Luzardo (3-3) out to make his ninth start of the season. He is 3-3 with a 6.58 ERA and 39 strikeouts over 39 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Thursday, the left-hander went 5 2/3 innings against the Mets, giving up two earned runs while surrendering two hits.
- Luzardo’s team has a 5-3 record over his eight starts.
- Luzardo’s starts went over the run total five times in eight games with a set total this season.
|Bryan De La Cruz||38||.338||.385||.478||4||15||46|
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!