Washington Football Team vs. Atlanta Falcons: Best Odds and Preview for Week 4
The Washington Football Team (1-2) are favored by 1.5 points versus the Atlanta Falcons (1-2) on October 3, 2021, starting at 1:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 48 points.
Best odds for Washington vs. Falcons
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Washington Football Team and Atlanta Falcons in which the Football Team are currently the clear pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Washington Vs. Falcons Spread Betting Action
Washington stats and betting info
Betting trends for Washington
- Washington is winless against the spread so far this season in opportunities.
- The Football Team have not yet covered the spread as favorites of 1.5 points or more this season (0-2).
- Out of Washington’s three games with a set total, two have hit the over (66.7%).
|Pass yards||227.7 (683)||25|
|Rush yards||97.0 (291)||21|
|Points scored||22.3 (67)||18|
|Pass yards against||315.0 (945)||28|
|Rush yards against||125.0 (375)||26|
|Points allowed||30.7 (92)||29|
Key players for Washington
- Taylor Heinicke leads Washington with 670 yards (223.3 ypg) on 59-of-85 passing with five touchdowns and three interceptions this season. He also has 44 rushing yards on 15 carries while scoring one touchdown on the ground.
- The team’s top rusher, Antonio Gibson, has carried the ball 45 times for 190 yards (63.3 per game). He’s also caught six passes for 95 yards and one touchdown.
- Terry McLaurin’s team-leading 231 yards as a receiver have come on 19 receptions (out of 25 targets) with one touchdown.
- Logan Thomas has caught 12 passes for 117 yards (39.0 yards per game) and two touchdowns this year.
- J.D. McKissic’s seven catches have turned into 98 yards.
Washington: Chase Young: Out (Groin), Steven Sims Jr.: Out (Toe), Cole Holcomb: Out (Knee), Morgan Moses: Questionable (Hip), Terry McLaurin: Questionable (Thigh), Ryan Anderson: Questionable (Ankle), Kevin Pierre-Louis: Questionable (Illness)
Atlanta stats and betting info
Betting trends for Atlanta
- Atlanta is 1-2-0 against the spread this year.
- The Falcons are 1-1 against the spread when an underdog by 1.5 points or more this year.
- One of Atlanta’s three games with a set total has hit the over (33.3%).
|Pass yards||235.7 (707)||22|
|Rush yards||82.7 (248)||28|
|Points scored||16.0 (48)||28|
|Pass yards against||268.7 (806)||17|
|Rush yards against||118.3 (355)||19|
|Points allowed||31.3 (94)||30|
Key players for Atlanta
- Matt Ryan has thrown for 707 yards on 70.9% passing while collecting four touchdown passes with three interceptions this season.
- Mike Davis is his team’s leading rusher with 36 carries for 137 yards, or 45.7 per game. Davis has also chipped in with 14 catches for 68 yards.
- Cordarrelle Patterson leads his squad with 153 receiving yards (51.0 ypg) on 13 catches and one touchdown while racking up 85 rushing yards on 21 carries with one touchdown.
- Calvin Ridley has totaled 20 receptions this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 175 (58.3 yards per game). He’s been targeted 29 times and has and one touchdown.
- Kyle Pitts has racked up 139 reciving yards (46.3 ypg) this season.
Falcons: Younghoe Koo: Out (Right Groin), Takkarist McKinley: Out (Groin), Keanu Neal: Out (Hamstring), Ricardo Allen: Out (Elbow), Calvin Ridley: Questionable (Ankle), Julio Jones: Questionable (Hamstring)
Pick for Football Team vs. Falcons
Our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the betting split data from regulated betting sites points to the Football Team being favored to cover the spread against the Falcons.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more NFL insights and betting odds check all of our NFL content here.