UTSA vs. San Diego State Betting Odds & Game Analysis | College Football Frisco Bowl Predictions
In this season’s Frisco Bowl, the UTSA Roadrunners are the favorites, but by less than a field goal (-2.5), over the San Diego State Aztecs. Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas will act as host on December 21, 2021, starting at 7:30 PM ET. The over/under in this contest is 49.5 points.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
UTSA stats and betting info
Betting trends for UTSA
- UTSA is 9-4-0 ATS this season.
- The Roadrunners have a 5-4 record against the spread when favored by 2.5 points or more this season.
- UTSA has gone over in seven of its 13 games with a set total (53.8%).
- This season, UTSA games have gone over this game’s 49.5-point total nine times.
- The Roadrunners have seen a 59.9 average over/under in their games this season, 10.4 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- The Roadrunners rack up 123.4 more yards per game (442.9) than the Aztecs give up per matchup (319.5).
- When UTSA churns out over 319.5 yards, the team is 12-1.
- This year, the Roadrunners have 12 turnovers, nine fewer than the Aztecs have takeaways (21).
|Pass yards||254.2 (3305)||46|
|Rush yards||188.7 (2453)||36|
|Points scored||37.8 (492)||8|
|Pass yards against||252.2 (3279)||104|
|Rush yards against||110.8 (1441)||13|
|Points allowed||23.6 (307)||44|
Key players for UTSA
- Frank Harris has thrown for 2,905 yards (223.5 ypg) to lead UTSA, completing 66.3% of his passes and recording 25 touchdown passes and five interceptions this season. He’s also run for 565 yards (43.5 ypg) on 105 carries with six rushing touchdowns.
- Sincere McCormick has carried the ball 299 times for a team-high 1,479 yards (113.8 per game), with 15 touchdowns this year.
- Zakhari Franklin’s team-leading 938 receiving yards (72.2 yards per game) have come on 73 receptions with 11 touchdowns.
San Diego State stats and betting info
Betting trends for San Diego State
- San Diego State’s ATS record is 6-6-1 this year.
- The Aztecs are 3-1 against the spread when an underdog by 2.5 points or more this year.
- The teams have hit the over in six of San Diego State’s 13 games with a set total .
- There have been five San Diego State games that have finished with a combined score over 49.5 points this season.
- A difference of 5.4 points separates this game’s over/under (49.5 points) and the average total points bet in Aztecs’ games (44.1 points) this season.
- The Aztecs average 29.7 fewer yards per game (333.4) than the Roadrunners allow per contest (363.1).
- In games that San Diego State picks up over 363.1 yards, the team is 3-1.
- This year the Aztecs have 14 turnovers, 12 fewer than the Roadrunners have takeaways (26).
|Pass yards||158.2 (2057)||119|
|Rush yards||175.2 (2277)||55|
|Points scored||26.5 (345)||65|
|Pass yards against||242.0 (3146)||90|
|Rush yards against||77.5 (1007)||2|
|Points allowed||19.5 (253)||17|
Key players for San Diego State
- Lucas Johnson leads San Diego State with 1,091 passing yards (83.9 ypg) on 114-of-187 passing with nine touchdowns compared to four interceptions this season. He also adds 166 rushing yards (12.8 ypg) on 47 carries.
- The team’s top rusher, Greg Bell, has carried the ball 221 times for 997 yards (76.7 per game), with eight touchdowns this year.
- Jesse Matthews’ team-leading 482 receiving yards (37.1 yards per game) have come on 47 receptions with seven touchdowns.
Sports bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!