UTEP vs. Rice Betting Odds & Game Analysis | College Football Week 12 Predictions
The UTEP Miners (6-4, 0-0 C-USA) and Rice Owls (3-7, 0-0 C-USA) will play each other in a battle of two conference rivals. The Miners are big favorites (-10). The predicted point total for the game is 47.5.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
UTEP stats and betting info
Betting trends for UTEP
- UTEP has a 6-3-0 record against the spread this season.
- When they have played as at least 10-point favorites this season, the Miners are 1-0 against the spread.
- Out of UTEP’s nine games with a set total, four have hit the over (44.4%).
- This season, UTEP games have seen a combined score higher than this game’s 47.5-point over/under four times.
- The Miners have seen a 52.7 average over/under in their games this season, 5.2 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- The Miners rack up 390.7 yards per game, 41.6 fewer yards than the 432.3 the Owls give up per matchup.
- UTEP is 2-1 overall when the team piles up more than 432.3 yards.
- The Miners have turned the ball over three more times (18 total) than the Owls have forced a turnover (15) this season.
|Pass yards||240.5 (2405)||61|
|Rush yards||150.2 (1502)||74|
|Points scored||23.9 (239)||98|
|Pass yards against||210.2 (2102)||39|
|Rush yards against||124.7 (1247)||31|
|Points allowed||22.7 (227)||43|
Key players for UTEP
- Gavin Hardison has 2,396 passing yards (239.6 ypg) to lead UTEP, completing 54% of his passes and collecting 14 touchdown passes and 10 interceptions this season.
- Ronald Awatt’s team-high 672 rushing yards (67.2 per game) have come on 131 carries, with five touchdowns this year.
- Jacob Cowing’s 1,097 receiving yards (109.7 yards per game) lead the team. He has 51 receptions with five touchdowns.
Rice stats and betting info
Betting trends for Rice
- Rice has covered the spread just twice in 10 opportunities this year.
- When they have played as at least 10-point underdogs this season, the Owls are 1-4 against the spread.
- The teams have hit the over in seven of Rice’s 10 games with a set total .
- This season, eight games Rice played finished with a combined score over 47.5 points.
- The over/under for this contest is 4.4 points fewer than the average over/under in Owls’ games this season (51.9 points).
- The Owls average only 18.8 more yards per game (353.7) than the Miners give up (334.9).
- Rice is 2-3 overall when the team amasses more than 334.9 yards.
- The Owls have turned the ball over 20 times this season, seven more turnovers than the Miners have forced (13).
|Pass yards||206.4 (2064)||94|
|Rush yards||147.3 (1473)||78|
|Points scored||19.5 (195)||117|
|Pass yards against||261.6 (2616)||109|
|Rush yards against||170.7 (1707)||92|
|Points allowed||36.5 (365)||120|
Key players for Rice
- Jake Constantine has 1,439 passing yards (143.9 ypg) to lead Rice, completing 61.9% of his passes and throwing six touchdown passes and seven interceptions this season.
- Ari Broussard has carried the ball 102 times for a team-high 533 yards (53.3 per game), with two touchdowns this year.
- Jake Bailey’s 656 receiving yards (65.6 yards per game) lead the team. He has 51 receptions with two touchdowns.
Sports bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!