UTEP vs. Fresno State Betting Odds & Game Analysis | College Football New Mexico Bowl Predictions
In this season’s New Mexico Bowl, the Fresno State Bulldogs are double-digit favorites (-11.5) over the UTEP Miners. Dreamstyle Stadium in Albuquerque, New Mexico will act as host on December 18, 2021, starting at 2:15 PM ET. An over/under of 51 points has been set for the outing.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Fresno State stats and betting info
Betting trends for Fresno State
- Fresno State has gone 8-4-0 ATS this season.
- In games they have played as at least 11.5-point favorites this season, the Bulldogs are 3-1 against the spread.
- Fresno State games have hit the over in five out of 12 opportunities (41.7%).
- Seven Fresno State games this season have gone over Saturday’s over/under of 51 points.
- On average, the Bulldogs have seen a 58.2 over/under in their games this season, 7.2 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- The Bulldogs collect 124.5 more yards per game (463.4) than the Miners give up per outing (338.9).
- Fresno State is 8-3 overall when the team picks up over 338.9 yards.
- The Bulldogs have turned the ball over eight more times (22 total) than the Miners have forced a turnover (14) this season.
|Pass yards||330.1 (3961)||9|
|Rush yards||133.3 (1600)||93|
|Points scored||33.6 (403)||32|
|Pass yards against||215.3 (2583)||45|
|Rush yards against||127.3 (1528)||30|
|Points allowed||20.3 (243)||21|
Key players for Fresno State
- Jake Haener has thrown for 3,810 yards (317.5 ypg) to lead Fresno State, completing 67.5% of his passes and tossing 32 touchdown passes and nine interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Ronnie Rivers, has carried the ball 162 times for 788 yards (65.7 per game), with five touchdowns this year. He’s also caught 34 passes for 364 yards (30.3 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Jalen Cropper’s 827 receiving yards (68.9 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 76 receptions and 11 touchdowns.
UTEP stats and betting info
Betting trends for UTEP
- UTEP is 7-4-0 against the spread this season.
- The Miners are winless against the spread (0-3) when playing as at least 11.5-point underdogs.
- Six of UTEP’s 11 games with a set total have hit the over (54.5%).
- In UTEP’s 11 games this season, five have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s over/under of 51.
- The over/under for this matchup is 1.0 point fewer than the average over/under in Miners’ games this season (52.0 points).
- The Miners rack up 391.5 yards per game, 48.9 more yards than the 342.6 the Bulldogs give up.
- In games that UTEP picks up more than 342.6 yards, the team is 6-3.
- The Miners have 22 turnovers this season, equal to the number of takeaways for the Bulldogs.
|Pass yards||247.9 (2975)||52|
|Rush yards||143.6 (1723)||85|
|Points scored||25.2 (302)||90|
|Pass yards against||203.3 (2440)||29|
|Rush yards against||135.6 (1627)||42|
|Points allowed||24.8 (297)||53|
Key players for UTEP
- Gavin Hardison has 2,966 passing yards (247.2 ypg) to lead UTEP, completing 56% of his passes and tossing 17 touchdown passes and 12 interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Ronald Awatt, has carried the ball 145 times for 804 yards (67.0 per game), with five touchdowns this year.
- Jacob Cowing’s 1,330 receiving yards (110.8 yards per game) lead the team. He has 67 receptions with seven touchdowns.
Sports bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!