Toronto Blue Jays vs. Tampa Bay Rays: Best Odds and Preview for September 15, 2021
The Toronto Blue Jays (81-64) host the Tampa Bay Rays (90-55) at 3:07 PM ET on Wednesday, providing a matchup between two top-10 sluggers. Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has 45 home runs (first in the league) for the favored Blue Jays (-176), while Brandon Lowe ranks sixth in MLB play with 34 long balls this season for the underdog Rays (+150).
Robbie Ray takes the mound first for Toronto, and Michael Wacha is Tampa Bay’s choice to start.
Best Odds for Toronto Blue Jays vs Tampa Bay Rays
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Toronto Blue Jays and Tampa Bay Rays.
Blue Jays Insights
- The Blue Jays have been favorites in 95 games this season and have come away with the win 54 times (56.8%) in those contests.
- Toronto’s games have gone over the total in 66 of their 145 opportunities.
- The Blue Jays have scored 765 runs this season, which ranks second in MLB.
- Toronto has competed as the favorite in six of its past 10 games and has gone 4-2 in those matchups.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Blue Jays and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on four occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Ray gets the start for the Blue Jays, his 29th of the season. He is 11-5 with a 2.69 ERA and 220 strikeouts through 170 1/3 innings pitched.
- The left-hander’s last time out came on Friday against the Orioles, when he tossed 4 1/3 innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing eight hits.
- Ray’s team is 15-13 in his 28 starts.
- Ray has had 28 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in nine of those outings.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||144||.315||.397||.607||45||103||171|
- The Rays have been the underdog on the moneyline 49 total times this season. They’ve gone 28-21 in those games.
- Tampa Bay has played in 143 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 77 times (77-59-7).
- The Rays are the top-scoring team in baseball averaging 5.4 runs per game (776 total).
- Tampa Bay has a 3-1 record from the four games it was moneyline underdogs over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings — all of which had a set run total — the Rays and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Wacha gets the start for the Rays, his 21st of the season. He is 3-4 with a 5.37 ERA and 104 strikeouts over 105 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Friday, the righty tossed five innings against the Tigers, giving up one earned run while surrendering three hits.
- In Wacha’s 20 starts, his team is 12-8.
- Wacha has had 19 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined to go over the total in 11 of those outings.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.