Toronto Blue Jays vs. Tampa Bay Rays: Best Odds and Preview for September 14, 2021
Marcus Semien is only one home run away from hitting 40 on the season, and will look to get to that milestone when his Toronto Blue Jays (81-63) host the Tampa Bay Rays (89-55) at Rogers Centre on Tuesday, starting at 7:07 PM ET. The Blue Jays are favored (-133) in the contest against the Rays (+114).
Toronto’s Jose Berrios starts against Tampa Bay’s Drew Rasmussen.
Best Odds for Toronto Blue Jays vs Tampa Bay Rays
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Toronto Blue Jays and Tampa Bay Rays in which the Blue Jays are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Blue Jays vs Rays Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||81%||19%|
|% of Stake||93%||7%|
Blue Jays Insights
- The Blue Jays have won in 54, or 57.4%, of the 94 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Toronto and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 66 of their 144 opportunities.
- The Blue Jays are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking second with 765 total runs this season.
- Toronto has played as the favorite in six of its past 10 games and has gone 5-1 in those contests.
- When it comes to the total, the Blue Jays and their foes are 4-4-2 in their previous 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Berrios gets the start for the Blue Jays, his ninth of the season. He is 4-2 with a 3.63 ERA and 51 strikeouts over 44 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Thursday against the Yankees, the right-hander tossed 6 2/3 innings, giving up two earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- Berrios’ team is 4-4 over his eight starts.
- Berrios has had eight starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in four of those matchups.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||143||.318||.400||.612||45||103||171|
- The Rays have won 27 of the 48 games they were the moneyline underdog this season (56.2%).
- Tampa Bay has played in 142 games with an over/under set, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 77 times (77-58-7).
- The Rays have the top offense in MLB play scoring 5.4 runs per game (776 total runs).
- Tampa Bay went 2-1 over the three games it was moneyline underdogs in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Rays and their opponents combined to go over the run total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Rasmussen makes the start for the Rays, his eighth of the season. He is 2-1 with a 3.25 ERA and 65 strikeouts in 61 innings pitched.
- The righty’s last time out was on Tuesday against the Red Sox, when he tossed five innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing six hits.
- Over Rasmussen’s seven starts, his team is 5-2.
- Rasmussen’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in three of seven games.
Pick for Blue Jays vs. Rays
Our in-depth statistical analysis paired with the betting split data provided by regulated betting sites favors the Blue Jays to win over the Rays.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.