Toronto Blue Jays vs. Tampa Bay Rays: Best Odds and Preview for September 13, 2021
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. and Brandon Lowe square off in a showdown of top-10 sluggers when the Toronto Blue Jays (80-63) and the Tampa Bay Rays (89-54) play at 7:07 PM ET on Monday. Guerrero has 44 home runs (first in the league) for the favored Blue Jays (-130), while Lowe is seventh in MLB play with 33 long balls this season for the underdog Rays (+110).
Alek Manoah starts for Toronto while Tampa Bay will counter with Ryan Yarbrough.
Best Odds for Toronto Blue Jays vs Tampa Bay Rays
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Toronto Blue Jays and Tampa Bay Rays.
Blue Jays Insights
- The Blue Jays have been victorous in 53, or 57%, of the 93 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Toronto and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 66 of their 143 opportunities.
- The Blue Jays are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking third with 735 total runs this season.
- Toronto has competed as the favorite in six of its past 10 games and has gone 5-1 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups with a total posted by oddsmakers, the Blue Jays and their foes are 5-4-1 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Manoah makes the start for the Blue Jays, his 17th of the season. He is 5-2 with a 3.71 ERA and 92 strikeouts over 85 innings pitched.
- The righty last pitched on Wednesday against the Yankees, when he tossed 5 2/3 innings, allowing three earned runs while giving up five hits.
- Manoah’s team has won 12 of his 16 starts.
- Manoah’s starts hit the over on the run total eight times in 16 games with a set total this season.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||142||.319||.402||.610||44||102||170|
- The Rays have been the underdog on the moneyline 47 total times this season. They’ve gone 27-20 in those games.
- Tampa Bay has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 141 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 77 of those games (77-58-6).
- The Rays score the most runs in baseball (775 total, 5.4 per game).
- Over the last 10 games, Tampa Bay has been named the moneyline underdog by bookmakers only twice, and it won both games.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Rays and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Rays will send Yarbrough (8-4) out to make his 21st start of the season. He is 8-4 with a 4.90 ERA and 105 strikeouts in 136 innings pitched.
- The lefty’s last time out was on Monday against the Red Sox, when he went two innings, surrendering seven earned runs while allowing eight hits.
- Yarbrough’s team has a 13-7 record in his starts this season.
- Yarbrough’s starts hit the over on the run total 15 times in 20 games with a set total this season.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!