Toronto Blue Jays vs. Oakland Athletics: Best Odds and Preview for September 5, 2021
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. will try to hit his 40th homer of the season when his Toronto Blue Jays (72-62) host the Oakland Athletics (74-62) at Rogers Centre on Sunday, starting at 1:07 PM ET. Guerrero’s Blue Jays are favored (-191) in the outing against the Athletics (+164).
Toronto’s Robbie Ray gets the start against Oakland’s Cole Irvin.
Best Odds for Toronto Blue Jays vs Oakland Athletics
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Toronto Blue Jays and Oakland Athletics in which the Blue Jays are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Blue Jays vs Athletics Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||98%||2%|
|% of Stake||100%||0%|
Blue Jays Insights
- The Blue Jays have been victorous in 49, or 55.7%, of the 88 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Contests with Toronto have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 62 of 134 chances this season.
- The Blue Jays have scored the fifth-most runs in the league this season with 677.
- Toronto has been favored in nine of its past 10 games and won seven of those matchups.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Blue Jays and their opponents have combined to clear the total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Ray makes the start for the Blue Jays, his 27th of the season. He is 10-5 with a 2.71 ERA and 202 strikeouts in 159 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent outing on Monday against the Orioles, the lefty went seven innings, giving up two earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- Ray’s team has won 14 of his 26 starts.
- Ray has had 26 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and nine of those matchups finished over the total.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||133||.315||.400||.598||39||97||156|
- The Athletics have gone 20-27 in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 42.6% of those games).
- Oakland has played in 135 games with a set over/under, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 64 times (64-68-3).
- The Athletics score the 11th-most runs in baseball (620 total, 4.6 per game).
- Oakland was the moneyline underdog in five of its last 10 games, and went 1-4 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Athletics and their opponents combined to hit the over seven times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Irvin will aim for his 10th victory when he makes the start for the Athletics, his 27th of the season. He is 9-12 with a 3.74 ERA and 99 strikeouts in 149 innings pitched.
- The lefty last pitched on Tuesday against the Tigers, when he threw 4 2/3 innings, allowing three earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- Over Irvin’s 26 starts, his team is 13-13.
- Irvin has started 26 contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in nine of them.
Pick for Blue Jays vs. Athletics
An in-depth statistical analysis combined with the bet split data provided by regulated betting sites favors the Blue Jays to win over the Athletics.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!