Toronto Blue Jays vs. Oakland Athletics: Best Odds and Preview for September 4, 2021
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. needs only one more homer to have 40 on the season, and will try to hit that milestone when his Toronto Blue Jays (71-62) host the Oakland Athletics (74-61) at Rogers Centre on Saturday, starting at 3:07 PM ET. Guerrero’s Blue Jays are favored (-165) in the outing against the Athletics (+144).
Toronto’s Jose Berrios gets the start against Oakland’s Paul Blackburn.
Best Odds for Toronto Blue Jays vs Oakland Athletics
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Toronto Blue Jays and Oakland Athletics.
Blue Jays Insights
- The Blue Jays have been victorous in 48, or 55.2%, of the 87 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Contests with Toronto have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 61 of 133 chances this season.
- The Blue Jays have scored 667 runs this season, which ranks seventh in MLB.
- Toronto has been favored in nine of its past 10 games and won six of those matchups.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Blue Jays and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on three occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Blue Jays are sending Berrios (2-2) out for his seventh start of the season. He is 2-2 with a 3.73 ERA and 36 strikeouts through 31 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Sunday, the right-hander went seven innings against the Tigers, giving up no earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- Berrios’ team is 2-4 in his six starts.
- Berrios has had six starts with a total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in two of those matchups.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||132||.316||.400||.601||39||97||155|
- The Athletics have put together a 20-26 record in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 43.5% of those games).
- In the 134 games oddsmakers have set an over/under for Oakland, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 63 times (63-68-3).
- The Athletics score the 13th-most runs in baseball (612 total, 4.5 per game).
- Oakland has a 1-3 record over the four games it was moneyline underdogs in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Athletics and their opponents combined to go over the run total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Blackburn makes the start for the Athletics, his fourth of the season. He is 0-1 with a 2.81 ERA and nine strikeouts in 16 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Sunday against the Yankees, the right-hander threw five scoreless innings while surrendering five hits.
- Blackburn’s team has a 1-2 record in his starts this season.
- Blackburn’s team has gone under in each of his three starts with a set total this season.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!