Toronto Blue Jays vs. Oakland Athletics: Best Odds and Preview for September 3, 2021
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. and Matt Olson face off in a battle between top-10 power hitters when the Toronto Blue Jays (70-62) and the Oakland Athletics (74-60) play at 7:07 PM ET on Friday. Guerrero has 39 home runs (second in the league) for the favored Blue Jays (-143), while Olson is sixth in MLB play with 32 round-trippers this season for the underdog Athletics (+123).
Alek Manoah starts for Toronto while Oakland will counter with Sean Manaea.
Best Odds for Toronto Blue Jays vs Oakland Athletics
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Toronto Blue Jays and Oakland Athletics in which the Athletics are currently the clear pick at sportsbooks based on money wagered at regulated sportsbooks, yet the Blue Jays have picked up a majority of the total number of tickets wagered.
Blue Jays vs Athletics Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||86%||14%|
|% of Stake||12%||88%|
Blue Jays Insights
- The Blue Jays have been victorous in 47, or 54.7%, of the 86 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Toronto and their opponents have gone over in 60 of their 132 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Blue Jays have scored 656 runs this season, which ranks seventh in MLB.
- Toronto has played as the favorite in nine of its past 10 games and has gone 6-3 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Blue Jays and their opponents have combined to clear the total two times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Manoah (5-2) gets the starting nod for the Blue Jays in his 15th start of the season. He’s put together a 3.15 ERA in 74 1/3 innings pitched, with 86 strikeouts.
- His most recent time out was on Saturday against the Tigers, when the right-hander went 6 1/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up four hits.
- Manoah’s team is 10-4 over his 14 starts.
- Manoah’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in seven of 14 contests.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||131||.312||.397||.600||39||96||152|
- The Athletics have gone 20-25 in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 44.4% of those games).
- In the 133 games bookmakers have set an over/under for Oakland, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 62 times (62-68-3).
- The Athletics score the 15th-most runs in baseball (602 total, 4.5 per game).
- Oakland has a 1-3 record from the four games it was moneyline underdogs over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups — all of which had a set run total — the Athletics and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Manaea makes the start for the Athletics, his 27th of the season. He is 8-9 with a 3.97 ERA and 156 strikeouts in 142 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Saturday, the lefty tossed 4 1/3 innings against the Yankees, allowing five earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- Manaea’s team has a 15-11 record in his starts this season.
- Manaea’s starts hit the over on the run total 14 times in 26 games with a set total this season.
Pick for Blue Jays vs. Athletics
Betting split data provided by regulated betting sites paired with an in-depth games analysis favors the Blue Jays to win over the Athletics.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!