Toronto Blue Jays vs. New York Yankees: Best Odds and Preview for September 30, 2021
The Toronto Blue Jays (88-70) host the New York Yankees (90-68) at 7:07 PM ET on Thursday, providing a matchup between two top-10 sluggers. Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has 46 home runs (second in the league) for the favored Blue Jays (-136), while Aaron Judge ranks eighth in MLB play with 37 round-trippers this season for the underdog Yankees (+117).
Robbie Ray starts for Toronto while New York will counter with Corey Kluber.
Best Odds for Toronto Blue Jays vs New York Yankees
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Toronto Blue Jays and New York Yankees.
Blue Jays Insights
- The Blue Jays have been favorites in 106 games this season and have come away with the win 60 times (56.6%) in those contests.
- Toronto and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 69 of their 158 opportunities.
- The Blue Jays have scored 816 runs this season, which ranks third in MLB.
- In eight games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Toronto has a record of 4-4.
- When it comes to the total, the Blue Jays and their opponents are 2-7-1 in their previous 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Ray (13-6 with a 2.68 ERA and 244 strikeouts in 188 innings pitched) gets the start for the Blue Jays, his 32nd of the season.
- The lefty last pitched on Saturday against the Twins, when he went six innings, allowing one earned run while giving up three hits.
- Ray’s team has won 17 of his 31 starts.
- Ray has had 31 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and 10 of those matchups finished over the total.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||157||.313||.397||.597||46||106||184|
- The Yankees are 16-12 in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 57.1% of those games).
- New York has played in 158 games with an over/under set, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 68 times (68-88-2).
- The Yankees are the 17th-highest scoring team in baseball averaging 4.4 runs per game (699 total).
- In the last 10 games, New York has been listed as the moneyline underdog by bookmakers only two times, and it won both games.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Yankees and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Kluber makes the start for the Yankees, his 16th of the season. He is 5-3 with a 3.82 ERA and 80 strikeouts in 75 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Wednesday, Sept. 22 against the Rangers, the righty went 4 1/3 innings, giving up three earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- In Kluber’s 15 starts, his team is 9-6.
- Kluber’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in six of 15 contests.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!