Toronto Blue Jays vs Houston Astros Betting Odds & Game Analysis | April 29
The Houston Astros visit the Toronto Blue Jays at Rogers Centre, taking the field at 7:07pm ET on Friday April 29th, 7:07pm ET. The Houston Astros are 1-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 8.5 runs.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the Major League Baseball game between the Houston Astros and Toronto Blue Jays.
Toronto and Houston Betting Info
- Seven of the Astros’ last eight games have gone UNDER the total runs line.
- The Blue Jays have won each of their last six games against AL West Division opponents that held a winning record.
Houston Astros Stats
|Team Batting AVG||.204|
|AVG Runs Scored||3.6|
Key Players for Houston
- Héctor Neris: 0.96 ERA, 6.75 K/9, 0.54 WHIP
- Justin Verlander: 1.73 ERA, 9.69 K/9, 0.69 WHIP
- Martín Maldonado: .079 Batting Avg, .217 OBP, .184 SLG, .401 OPS, 6 Runs
- Michael Brantley: .290 Batting Avg, .347 OBP, .420 SLG, .767 OPS, 8 Runs
- Yordan Alvarez: .235 Batting Avg, .328 OBP, .510 SLG, .838 OPS, 8 Runs
- Yulieski Gurriel: .203 Batting Avg, .217 OBP, .322 SLG, .539 OPS, 5 Runs
- Chas McCormick: .278 Batting Avg, .304 OBP, .407 SLG, .711 OPS, 4 Runs
- Jeremy Peña: .238 Batting Avg, .319 OBP, .460 SLG, .779 OPS, 11 Runs
- Aledmys Díaz: .156 Batting Avg, .240 OBP, .244 SLG, .484 OPS, 3 Runs
- Kyle Tucker: .191 Batting Avg, .257 OBP, .382 SLG, .639 OPS, 6 Runs
- Alexander Bregman: .250 Batting Avg, .364 OBP, .438 SLG, .802 OPS, 9 Runs
Toronto Blue Jays Stats
|Team Batting AVG||.245|
|AVG Runs Scored||4.0|
Key Players for Toronto
- Yimi García: 4.32 ERA, 5.40 K/9, 1.08 WHIP
- Jordan Romano: 1.74 ERA, 10.45 K/9, 0.97 WHIP
- José Berríos: 4.91 ERA, 7.36 K/9, 1.58 WHIP
- Bo Bichette: .212 Batting Avg, .239 OBP, .306 SLG, .545 OPS, 9 Runs
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr.: .274 Batting Avg, .304 OBP, .425 SLG, .729 OPS, 11 Runs
- Raimel Tapia: .210 Batting Avg, .219 OBP, .290 SLG, .509 OPS, 8 Runs
- George Springer: .288 Batting Avg, .338 OBP, .521 SLG, .859 OPS, 12 Runs
- Zachary Collins: .282 Batting Avg, .317 OBP, .564 SLG, .881 OPS, 4 Runs
- Alejandro Kirk: .265 Batting Avg, .362 OBP, .265 SLG, .627 OPS, 1 Run
- Santiago Espinal: .262 Batting Avg, .333 OBP, .443 SLG, .776 OPS, 7 Runs
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr.: .309 Batting Avg, .380 OBP, .559 SLG, .939 OPS, 11 Runs
- Matt Chapman: .219 Batting Avg, .278 OBP, .397 SLG, .675 OPS, 4 Runs
The Blue Jays and Astros have met three times this season, with the Blue Jays winning twice and the Astros winning once. Their most recent matchup on April 24, 2022 ended 8-7 with the Houston Astros taking the win.
MLB Computer Picks For Betting Previews
MLB computer picks are betting recommendations made by an AI computer algorithm with a final check by sports betting analyst.
The AI algorithm considers various data points to come up with its betting prediction. Betting trends, game venue, line-ups, weather, injury, news updates, and a wide range of stats are the factors taken into account when making MLB betting preview computer picks.
A professional sports bettor performs the final check.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best MLB Odds across legal sportsbooks.
Mets vs. Astros Player Props | J.D. Davis | Tuesday
The Houston Astros visit the New York Mets at Citi Field, taking the field at 7:10pm ET on Tuesday June 28th. The New York Mets are 1-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 8.5 runs…
Yankees vs. Athletics Player Props | Aaron Judge | Tuesday
Yankees vs. Athletics Player Props | Aaron Hicks | Tuesday
White Sox vs. Angels Player Props | Reese McGuire | Tuesday
The Chicago White Sox visit the Los Angeles Angels at Angel Stadium of Anaheim, taking the field at 9:38pm ET on Tuesday June 28th. The Chicago White Sox are 1.5-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 9 runs…