Toronto Blue Jays vs. Baltimore Orioles: Best Odds and Preview for September 12, 2021
Marcus Semien is only one home run away from hitting 40 on the season, and will look to hit that milestone when his Toronto Blue Jays (79-63) visit the Baltimore Orioles (46-96) at Oriole Park at Camden Yards on Sunday, starting at 1:05 PM ET. The Blue Jays are favored (-226) in the outing against the Orioles (+187).
Steven Matz starts for Toronto, and Zac Lowther is Baltimore’s pick to start.
Best Odds for Toronto Blue Jays vs Baltimore Orioles
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Blue Jays vs Orioles Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||86%||14%|
|% of Stake||47%||53%|
Blue Jays Insights
- The Blue Jays have been chosen as favorites in 92 games this year and have walked away with the win 52 times (56.5%) in those games.
- Toronto’s games have gone over the total in 65 of their 142 opportunities.
- The Blue Jays have scored 735 runs this season, which ranks third in MLB.
- In six games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Toronto has a record of 5-1.
- When it comes to the total, the Blue Jays and their opponents are 5-4-1 in their last 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Matz (11-7 with a 3.70 ERA and 122 strikeouts in 129 innings pitched) gets the start for the Blue Jays, his 26th of the season.
- In his most recent time out on Tuesday against the Yankees, the lefty went six innings, allowing one earned run while surrendering seven hits.
- Over Matz’s 25 starts, his team is 12-13.
- Matz has started 25 contests with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in 13 of them.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||141||.319||.400||.606||43||101||169|
- The Orioles have won 32.1% of the games this season they were the moneyline underdog (42-89).
- In the 142 games oddsmakers have set an over/under for Baltimore, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 72 times (72-64-6).
- The Orioles score the 24th-most runs in baseball (593 total, 4.2 per game).
- Baltimore was the underdog on the moneyline for nine of its last 10 games, and went 5-4 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Orioles and their opponents combined to go over the run total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Lowther (0-1) starts for the Orioles, his third this season.
- In his last time out on Monday, the lefty tossed six innings against the Royals, allowing one earned run while surrendering three hits.
- His team has lost both of the games he’s appeared in this season.
- Lowther’s two starts with a total this season finished 1-1 against the total.
Pick for Blue Jays vs. Orioles
Betting split data from regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth statistical analysis favors the Blue Jays to win over the Orioles.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.