Toronto Blue Jays vs. Baltimore Orioles: Best Odds and Preview for September 11, 2021
The Toronto Blue Jays (77-63) visit the Baltimore Orioles (46-94) at 4:35 PM ET on Saturday in a matchup featuring two of the league’s most consistent hitters. Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has a batting average .318 (second in the league) for the favored Blue Jays (-235), and Cedric Mullins is ninth in MLB play hitting .302 this season for the underdog Orioles (+190).
Toronto’s Hyun-Jin Ryu starts against Baltimore’s Keegan Akin.
Best Odds for Toronto Blue Jays vs Baltimore Orioles
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Toronto Blue Jays and Baltimore Orioles.
Blue Jays Insights
- The Blue Jays have been victorous in 50, or 55.6%, of the 90 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Toronto and their opponents have hit the over in 63 of their 140 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Blue Jays have scored 713 runs this season, which ranks fourth in MLB.
- Toronto has been favored in six of its past 10 games and won four of those matchups.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Blue Jays and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on three occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Ryu (13-8 with a 3.77 ERA and 127 strikeouts in 155 1/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Blue Jays, his 28th of the season.
- His last time out was on Monday against the Yankees, when the left-hander tossed six scoreless innings while giving up three hits.
- In Ryu’s 27 starts, his team is 17-10.
- Ryu has had 27 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in 15 of those matchups.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||139||.318||.400||.603||42||100||166|
- The Orioles have gone 42-87 in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 32.6% of those games).
- Baltimore has played in 140 games with over/under set, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 70 times (70-64-6).
- The Orioles score the 25th-most runs in baseball (581 total, 4.2 per game).
- Baltimore went 6-3 over the nine games it was moneyline underdogs in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Orioles and their opponents combined to go over the total two times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Akin (2-8 with a 7.00 ERA and 73 strikeouts in 79 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Orioles, his 15th of the season.
- The lefty last appeared on Sunday against the Yankees, when he went four innings, allowing four earned runs while giving up three hits.
- Akin’s team is 4-10 in his 14 starts.
- Akin has had 14 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined to go over the total in eight of those outings.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!