Toronto Blue Jays vs. Baltimore Orioles: Best Odds and Preview for September 10, 2021
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. leads the Toronto Blue Jays (77-62) into a matchup against Cedric Mullins and the Baltimore Orioles (45-94) on Friday at 7:05 PM ET at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. Guerrero is batting .319, the second-best batting average in the league, for the favored Blue Jays (-240), and Mullins ranks eighth in MLB play with a .303 batting average this season for the underdog Orioles (+195).
Robbie Ray starts for Toronto while Baltimore will counter with Chris Ellis.
Best Odds for Toronto Blue Jays vs Baltimore Orioles
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Toronto Blue Jays and Baltimore Orioles.
Blue Jays Insights
- The Blue Jays have come away with 50 wins in the 89 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- Toronto and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 63 of their 139 opportunities.
- The Blue Jays have scored the fourth-most runs in the league this season with 710.
- Toronto has competed as the favorite in six of its past 10 games and has gone 5-1 in those matchups.
- When it comes to the total, the Blue Jays and their foes are 4-6 in their previous 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Ray (11-5 with a 2.60 ERA and 212 strikeouts in 166 innings pitched) gets the start for the Blue Jays, his 28th of the season.
- In his most recent time out on Sunday against the Athletics, the left-hander went 6 2/3 scoreless innings while surrendering one hit.
- Ray’s team has a 15-12 record in his starts this season.
- Ray has had 27 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in nine of those matchups.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||138||.319||.402||.607||42||100||165|
- The Orioles are 41-87 in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 32% of those games).
- Baltimore has combined with opponents to go over the total 70 times this season for a 70-64-5 record against the over/under.
- The Orioles are the 25th-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.1 runs per game (575 total).
- Baltimore has a 5-4 record from the nine games it was moneyline underdogs over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Orioles and their opponents combined to go over the run total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Ellis (1-0) gets the starting nod for the Orioles in his fourth start of the season. He has a 2.16 ERA in 16 2/3 innings pitched, with 14 strikeouts.
- His last appearance came on Saturday against the Yankees, when the righty tossed five scoreless innings without allowing a hit.
- Over Ellis’ three starts, his team is 2-1.
- Ellis has started three contests with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in two of them.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.