Toronto Blue Jays vs. Baltimore Orioles: Best Odds and Preview for October 3, 2021
The Toronto Blue Jays (90-71) play the Baltimore Orioles (52-109) after George Springer had a four-hit outing in a 10-1 win over the Orioles. The Blue Jays are favored (-375) in this matchup with the Orioles (+290), which starts at 3:07 PM ET on Sunday.
Hyun-Jin Ryu starts for Toronto while Baltimore will counter with Bruce Zimmermann.
Best Odds for Toronto Blue Jays vs Baltimore Orioles
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Toronto Blue Jays and Baltimore Orioles in which the Blue Jays are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Blue Jays vs Orioles Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||93%||7%|
|% of Stake||72%||28%|
Blue Jays Insights
- The Blue Jays have been chosen as favorites in 109 games this year and have walked away with the win 62 times (56.9%) in those games.
- Toronto and their opponents have gone over in 70 of their 161 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Blue Jays are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking third with 834 total runs this season.
- In eight games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Toronto has a record of 4-4.
- When it comes to the total, the Blue Jays and their opponents are 2-6-2 in their previous 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Blue Jays are sending Ryu (13-10) to the mound to make his 31st start of the season. He is 13-10 with a 4.39 ERA and 136 strikeouts over 164 innings pitched.
- In his most recent outing on Tuesday against the Yankees, the lefty went 4 1/3 innings, allowing three earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- Over Ryu’s 30 starts, his team is 18-12.
- Ryu’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in 17 of 30 contests.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||160||.311||.400||.597||47||109||187|
- The Orioles have won 47 of the 147 games they were the underdog on the moneyline this season (32%).
- Baltimore has played in 161 games with a set over/under, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 78 times (78-76-7).
- The Orioles are the fifth-lowest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.1 runs per game (655 total).
- Baltimore has a 3-4 record over the seven games it was the underdog on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Orioles and their opponents combined to go over the run total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Zimmermann (4-4) gets the starting nod for the Orioles in his 13th start of the season. He has a 4.66 ERA in 63 2/3 innings pitched, with 55 strikeouts.
- In his last time out on Tuesday, the left-hander went four innings against the Red Sox, allowing one earned run while surrendering two hits.
- Over Zimmermann’s 12 starts, his team is 4-8.
- Zimmermann has had 12 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined to go over the total in six of those matchups.
Pick for Blue Jays vs. Orioles
Betting split data from regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth games analysis points to the Blue Jays being favored to win over the Orioles.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!