Toronto Blue Jays vs. Baltimore Orioles: Best Odds and Preview for October 2, 2021
Oddsmakers don’t expect the Baltimore Orioles (52-108) (-242 moneyline odds) to stop their three-game road losing streak when they play the Toronto Blue Jays (89-71) (-242 moneyline odds) on Saturday at 3:07 PM ET.
Alek Manoah takes the mound first for Toronto, and John Means is Baltimore’s pick to start.
Best Odds for Toronto Blue Jays vs Baltimore Orioles
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Toronto Blue Jays and Baltimore Orioles in which the Blue Jays are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Blue Jays vs Orioles Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||98%||2%|
|% of Stake||97%||3%|
Blue Jays Insights
- The Blue Jays have won in 61, or 56.5%, of the 108 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Toronto and their opponents have hit the over in 69 of their 160 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Blue Jays have scored the third-most runs in the league this season with 824.
- Toronto has competed as the favorite in eight of its past 10 games and has gone 4-4 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Blue Jays and their opponents have combined to clear the total just once.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Blue Jays are sending Manoah (8-2) out for his 20th start of the season. He is 8-2 with a 3.35 ERA and 117 strikeouts through 104 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty’s most recent time out was on Sunday against the Twins, when he went 5 2/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up six hits.
- Manoah’s team has a 15-4 record in his 19 starts.
- Manoah’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in eight of 19 games.
|Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||159||.310||.400||.592||46||107||185|
- The Orioles have won 32.2% of the games this season they were the moneyline underdog (47-99).
- Baltimore has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 160 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 77 of those games (77-76-7).
- The Orioles have the No. 26 offense in MLB play scoring 4.1 runs per game (654 total runs).
- Baltimore went 3-4 across the seven games it was the underdog on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Orioles and their opponents combined to hit the over two times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Means gets the start for the Orioles, his 26th of the season. He is 6-8 with a 3.32 ERA and 132 strikeouts in 143 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Sunday, the left-hander threw five innings against the Rangers, allowing three earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- Means’ team has won eight of his 25 starts.
- Means has started 25 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in eight of them.
Pick for Blue Jays vs. Orioles
Betting split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth games analysis points to the Blue Jays being favored to win over the Orioles.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!