Texas Rangers vs. Cleveland Indians: Best Odds and Preview for October 3, 2021
The Texas Rangers (60-101) and the Cleveland Indians (79-82) meet on Sunday at 3:05 PM ET with the series tied 1-1. The Rangers are favored (-115) to win the rubber match against the Indians (-105).
Texas’ Dane Dunning and Cleveland’s Aaron Civale pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
Best Odds for Texas Rangers vs Cleveland Indians
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Texas Rangers and Cleveland Indians.
- The Rangers have been victorous in seven, or 36.8%, of the 19 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Texas and their opponents have hit the over in 79 of their 161 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Rangers are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 28th with just 625 total runs (3.9 per game) this season.
- Texas has been favored just two times in their last 10 contests and lost both matchups.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Rangers and their foes are 7-3 in their previous 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Dunning makes the start for the Rangers, his 25th of the season. He is 5-9 with a 4.32 ERA and 111 strikeouts in 114 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Sunday against the Orioles, the right-hander threw 4 2/3 innings, giving up two earned runs while surrendering one hit.
- Dunning’s team has a 9-15 record over his 24 starts.
- Dunning has started 24 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in 12 of them.
- The Indians have won 37 of the 91 games they were listed as the moneyline underdog this season (40.7%).
- Cleveland has combined with opponents to go over the total 83 times this season for an 83-70-6 record against the over/under.
- The Indians score the 18th-most runs in baseball (711 total, 4.4 per game).
- Cleveland has a 2-3 record from the five games it was the underdog on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Indians and their opponents combined to go over the run total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Civale gets the start for the Indians, his 21st of the season. He is 11-5 with a 4.03 ERA and 95 strikeouts in 118 1/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander’s last appearance came on Wednesday against the Royals, when he threw 5 1/3 innings, surrendering four earned runs while giving up four hits.
- In Civale’s 20 starts, his team is 13-7.
- Civale has had 20 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and 13 of those matchups hit the over.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.