Texas Rangers vs Chicago White Sox Betting Odds & Game Analysis | August 4
The Chicago White Sox visit the Texas Rangers at Globe Life Field, taking the field at 8:05pm ET on Thursday August 4th, 8:05pm ET. The Texas Rangers are 1.5-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 9 runs.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the Major League Baseball game between the Chicago White Sox and Texas Rangers.
Texas and Chicago Betting Info
- Seven of the Rangers’ last eight games against AL Central opponents have gone OVER the total runs line.
- The Rangers have lost each of their last 10 games against teams that held a winning record.
Chicago White Sox Stats
|Team Batting AVG||.259|
|AVG Runs Scored||4.4|
Key Players for Chicago
- Liam Hendriks: 3.19 ERA, 13.26 K/9, 1.06 WHIP
- Tanner Banks: 2.88 ERA, 7.52 K/9, 1.20 WHIP
- Johnny Cueto: 2.86 ERA, 6.14 K/9, 1.17 WHIP
- Allen Pollock: .234 Batting Avg, .281 OBP, .347 SLG, .628 OPS, 34 Runs
- Bernardo Zavala: .286 Batting Avg, .327 OBP, .419 SLG, .746 OPS, 13 Runs
- Joshua Harrison: .243 Batting Avg, .311 OBP, .381 SLG, .692 OPS, 35 Runs
- Andrew Vaughn: .299 Batting Avg, .348 OBP, .462 SLG, .810 OPS, 42 Runs
- Timothy Anderson: .313 Batting Avg, .352 OBP, .411 SLG, .763 OPS, 50 Runs
- Yoán Moncada: .203 Batting Avg, .267 OBP, .318 SLG, .585 OPS, 22 Runs
- Luis Robert: .301 Batting Avg, .334 OBP, .461 SLG, .795 OPS, 48 Runs
- José Abreu: .302 Batting Avg, .382 OBP, .478 SLG, .860 OPS, 57 Runs
- Gavin Sheets: .231 Batting Avg, .290 OBP, .393 SLG, .683 OPS, 19 Runs
Texas Rangers Stats
|Team Batting AVG||.239|
|AVG Runs Scored||4.5|
Key Players for Texas
- Spencer Howard: 6.82 ERA, 7.61 K/9, 1.63 WHIP
- Garrett Richards: 5.40 ERA, 7.61 K/9, 1.31 WHIP
- Jose Adolis García: .244 Batting Avg, .291 OBP, .452 SLG, .743 OPS, 57 Runs
- Jonah Heim: .259 Batting Avg, .321 OBP, .460 SLG, .781 OPS, 43 Runs
- Corey Seager: .247 Batting Avg, .323 OBP, .472 SLG, .795 OPS, 54 Runs
- Marcus Semien: .240 Batting Avg, .298 OBP, .405 SLG, .703 OPS, 57 Runs
- Leody Taveras: .309 Batting Avg, .349 OBP, .456 SLG, .805 OPS, 21 Runs
- Josh H. Smith: .231 Batting Avg, .345 OBP, .289 SLG, .634 OPS, 15 Runs
- Elier Hernandez: .222 Batting Avg, .241 OBP, .296 SLG, .537 OPS, 3 Runs
- David Lowe: .282 Batting Avg, .327 OBP, .455 SLG, .782 OPS, 45 Runs
The Rangers and White Sox have met three times this season, with the Rangers winning twice and the White Sox winning once. Their most recent matchup on June 12, 2022 ended 8-6 with the Texas Rangers taking the win.
MLB Computer Picks For Betting Previews
MLB computer picks are betting recommendations made by an AI computer algorithm with a final check by sports betting analyst.
The AI algorithm considers various data points to come up with its betting prediction. Betting trends, game venue, line-ups, weather, injury, news updates, and a wide range of stats are the factors taken into account when making MLB betting preview computer picks.
A professional sports bettor performs the final check.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best MLB Odds across legal sportsbooks.
Sign up for BestOdds’ Newsletter
The most entertaining betting analysis and cherry-picked insights in your inbox.
Yankees vs. Mariners Player Props | Aaron Judge | Wednesday
The New York Yankees visit the Seattle Mariners at T-Mobile Park, taking the field at 4:10pm ET on Wednesday August 10th. The Seattle Mariners are 1-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 7 runs…
White Sox vs. Royals Player Props | Johnny Cueto | Wednesday
The Chicago White Sox visit the Kansas City Royals at Kauffman Stadium, taking the field at 8:10pm ET on Wednesday August 10th. The Kansas City Royals are 1-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 9 runs…