TCU vs. Iowa State Betting Odds & Game Analysis | College Football Week 13 Predictions
The Iowa State Cyclones (6-5, 0-0 Big 12) and TCU Horned Frogs (5-6, 0-0 Big 12) will meet in a matchup of two conference rivals. The Cyclones are big favorites, expected to win by at least two touchdowns (currently -14.5). The expected point total for the game is 59.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Iowa State stats and betting info
Betting trends for Iowa State
- Iowa State has a 4-6-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Cyclones are 2-0 against the spread so far this season when playing as at least 14.5-point favorites.
- Iowa State has gone over in five of its 10 games with a set total (50%).
- This season, four of Iowa State’s 10 games have gone over Friday’s over/under of 59 points.
- This season the average total for Cyclones games is 52.3 points, 6.7 fewer than the over/under of 59 points for this contest.
- The Cyclones average 428.0 yards per game, 26.6 fewer yards than the 454.6 the Horned Frogs give up per matchup.
- Iowa State is 3-1 overall when the team churns out over 454.6 yards.
- The Cyclones have 13 giveaways this season, while the Horned Frogs have 14 takeaways .
|Pass yards||269.5 (2964)||28|
|Rush yards||158.5 (1744)||70|
|Points scored||31.5 (346)||48|
|Pass yards against||185.7 (2043)||13|
|Rush yards against||120.5 (1326)||22|
|Points allowed||21.2 (233)||31|
Key players for Iowa State
- Brock Purdy has thrown for 2,722 yards (247.5 ypg) to lead Iowa State, completing 73.4% of his passes and recording 16 touchdown passes and seven interceptions this season. He’s also run for 226 yards (20.5 ypg) on 79 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- Breece Hall’s team-high 1,230 rushing yards (111.8 per game) have come on 235 carries, with 17 touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 34 catches for 263 yards (23.9 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Xavier Hutchinson’s 846 receiving yards (76.9 yards per game) lead the team. He has 75 receptions with five touchdowns.
TCU stats and betting info
Betting trends for TCU
- TCU has only covered the spread two times in 10 opportunities this year.
- The teams have hit the over in six of TCU’s 10 games with a set total .
- There have been seven TCU games that have ended with a combined score higher than 59 points this season.
- Horned Frogs’ games have a total points bet of 59.4 points this season, 0.4 points more than the over/under for this game.
- The Horned Frogs collect 437.5 yards per game, 131.2 more yards than the 306.3 the Cyclones allow.
- When TCU amasses more than 306.3 yards, the team is 5-5.
- The Horned Frogs have turned the ball over two more times (15 total) than the Cyclones have forced a turnover (13) this season.
|Pass yards||238.4 (2622)||62|
|Rush yards||199.2 (2191)||28|
|Points scored||30.0 (330)||57|
|Pass yards against||237.7 (2615)||83|
|Rush yards against||216.9 (2386)||121|
|Points allowed||33.7 (371)||112|
Key players for TCU
- Max Duggan leads TCU with 1,832 passing yards (166.5 ypg) on 130-of-201 passing with 14 touchdowns compared to five interceptions this season. He also adds 324 rushing yards (29.5 ypg) on 91 carries while scoring three touchdowns on the ground.
- The team’s top rusher, Zach Evans, has carried the ball 92 times for 641 yards (58.3 per game), with five touchdowns this year.
- Quentin Johnston’s 612 receiving yards (55.6 yards per game) lead the team. He has 33 receptions with six touchdowns.
Sports bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!