Tampa Bay Rays vs Toronto Blue Jays Betting Odds & Game Analysis | August 2
The Toronto Blue Jays visit the Tampa Bay Rays at Tropicana Field, taking the field at 7:10pm ET on Tuesday August 2nd, 7:10pm ET. The Tampa Bay Rays are 1-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 7 runs.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the Major League Baseball game between the Toronto Blue Jays and Tampa Bay Rays.
Tampa Bay and Toronto Betting Info
- Each of the Blue Jays’ last five games have gone UNDER the total runs line.
- The Rays have won each of their last nine games against AL East Division opponents that held a winning record.
Toronto Blue Jays Stats
|Team Batting AVG||.265|
|AVG Runs Scored||4.9|
Key Players for Toronto
- Jordan Romano: 2.33 ERA, 10.01 K/9, 1.06 WHIP
- Frank Banda: 4.26 ERA, 9.95 K/9, 1.58 WHIP
- Yusei Kikuchi: 4.89 ERA, 10.16 K/9, 1.50 WHIP
- Bo Bichette: .259 Batting Avg, .303 OBP, .417 SLG, .720 OPS, 55 Runs
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr.: .310 Batting Avg, .362 OBP, .426 SLG, .788 OPS, 44 Runs
- Daniel Jansen: .222 Batting Avg, .280 OBP, .533 SLG, .813 OPS, 14 Runs
- Teoscar Hernández: .269 Batting Avg, .320 OBP, .481 SLG, .801 OPS, 40 Runs
- George Springer: .251 Batting Avg, .330 OBP, .467 SLG, .797 OPS, 58 Runs
- Alejandro Kirk: .311 Batting Avg, .388 OBP, .480 SLG, .868 OPS, 48 Runs
- Santiago Espinal: .268 Batting Avg, .318 OBP, .380 SLG, .698 OPS, 39 Runs
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr.: .283 Batting Avg, .359 OBP, .499 SLG, .858 OPS, 59 Runs
- Matt Chapman: .249 Batting Avg, .326 OBP, .482 SLG, .808 OPS, 56 Runs
Tampa Bay Rays Stats
|Team Batting AVG||.240|
|AVG Runs Scored||4.1|
Key Players for Tampa Bay
- Corey Kluber: 4.03 ERA, 8.06 K/9, 1.15 WHIP
- Ralph Garza Jr.: 3.44 ERA, 4.50 K/9, 1.53 WHIP
- Christian Bethancourt: .160 Batting Avg, .192 OBP, .280 SLG, .472 OPS, 2 Runs
- Taylor Walls: .170 Batting Avg, .257 OBP, .277 SLG, .534 OPS, 30 Runs
- Randy Arozarena: .253 Batting Avg, .313 OBP, .419 SLG, .732 OPS, 43 Runs
- Brett Phillips: .147 Batting Avg, .225 OBP, .250 SLG, .475 OPS, 21 Runs
- Ji-Man Choi: .257 Batting Avg, .355 OBP, .415 SLG, .770 OPS, 27 Runs
- Senger Peralta: .250 Batting Avg, .250 OBP, .250 SLG, .500 OPS, 0 Runs
- Brandon Lowe: .248 Batting Avg, .321 OBP, .455 SLG, .776 OPS, 26 Runs
- Isaac Paredes: .220 Batting Avg, .292 OBP, .487 SLG, .779 OPS, 31 Runs
In the last 5 matchups between the Rays and Blue Jays, the Rays won three times and the Blue Jays won twice. Their most recent matchup on July 3, 2022 ended 7-3 with the Tampa Bay Rays taking the win.
MLB Computer Picks For Betting Previews
MLB computer picks are betting recommendations made by an AI computer algorithm with a final check by sports betting analyst.
The AI algorithm considers various data points to come up with its betting prediction. Betting trends, game venue, line-ups, weather, injury, news updates, and a wide range of stats are the factors taken into account when making MLB betting preview computer picks.
A professional sports bettor performs the final check.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best MLB Odds across legal sportsbooks.
Sign up for BestOdds’ Newsletter
The most entertaining betting analysis and cherry-picked insights in your inbox.
White Sox vs. Royals Player Props | Luis Robert | Thursday
The Chicago White Sox visit the Kansas City Royals at Kauffman Stadium, taking the field at 2:10pm ET on Thursday August 11th. The Kansas City Royals are 1.5-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 7.5 runs…