Tampa Bay Rays vs. Minnesota Twins: Best Odds and Preview for September 5, 2021
Luis Arraez has 99 hits this season, and will try to notch his 100th when his Minnesota Twins (58-77) take on the Tampa Bay Rays (86-50) on Sunday at 1:10 PM ET. The Twins are the underdog (+174) in this contest against the Rays (-201).
Tampa Bay’s Luis Patino starts against Minnesota’s Griffin Jax.
Best Odds for Tampa Bay Rays vs Minnesota Twins
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Tampa Bay Rays and Minnesota Twins in which the Rays are currently the pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Rays vs Twins Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||97%||3%|
|% of Stake||68%||32%|
- The Rays have won in 59, or 66.3%, of the 89 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Tampa Bay and their opponents have gone over in 72 of their 134 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Rays have scored the most runs (728) in baseball so far this year.
- Tampa Bay has played as the favorite in nine of its past 10 games and has gone 7-2 in those contests.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Rays and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on four occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Patino gets the start for the Rays, his 12th of the season. He is 4-3 with a 4.24 ERA and 58 strikeouts in 57 1/3 innings pitched.
- His last time out came on Monday against the Red Sox, when the righty threw 5 2/3 innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing five hits.
- Over Patiño’s 11 starts, his team is 6-5.
- Patiño has had 11 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and five of those games hit the over.
- The Twins have been the moneyline underdog 62 total times this season. They’ve gone 25-37 in those games.
- Minnesota has played in 134 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 76 times (76-53-5).
- The Twins score the 16th-most runs in baseball (609 total, 4.5 per game).
- Minnesota played as the moneyline underdog in seven of its last 10 games, and went 3-4 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Twins and their opponents combined to go over the total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Twins will send Jax (3-3) out to make his ninth start of the season. He is 3-3 with a 6.71 ERA and 44 strikeouts through 53 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Sunday, the right-hander went five innings against the Brewers, giving up six earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- In Jax’s eight starts, his team is 4-4.
- Jax has had eight starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and one of those games finished over the total.
Pick for Rays vs. Twins
Betting split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth statistical analysis favors the Rays to win over the Twins.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.