Tampa Bay Rays vs. Minnesota Twins: Best Odds and Preview for September 4, 2021
Luis Arraez has 99 hits this season, and will try to get his 100th when the Minnesota Twins (58-76) take on the Tampa Bay Rays (85-50) on Saturday at 4:05 PM ET. The Twins are the underdog (+179) in this contest against the Rays (-215).
Tampa Bay has Chris Archer starting things off, while Minnesota will counter with Andrew Albers.
Best Odds for Tampa Bay Rays vs Minnesota Twins
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Tampa Bay Rays and Minnesota Twins in which the Rays are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Rays vs Twins Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||80%||20%|
|% of Stake||96%||4%|
- The Rays have come away with 58 wins in the 88 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- Contests with Tampa Bay have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 71 of 133 chances this season.
- No team has scored more than the 712 runs the Rays have this season.
- In nine games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Tampa Bay has a record of 7-2.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Rays and their opponents have combined to clear the total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Archer (0-1 with a 4.35 ERA and 16 strikeouts in 10 1/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Rays, his fourth of the season.
- In his last appearance on Sunday, the righty went four innings against the Orioles, allowing two earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- Archer’s three starts have all been victories for his team this season.
- Archer’s starts went over the run total one time in three games with a set total this season.
- The Twins have been the moneyline underdog 61 total times this season. They’ve finished 25-36 in those games.
- In the 133 games oddsmakers have set an over/under for Minnesota, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 75 times (75-53-5).
- The Twins are the 15th-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.5 runs per game (602 total).
- Minnesota was the moneyline underdog in seven of its last 10 games, and finished 3-4 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Twins combined with their opponents to go over the run total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Albers (1-0) starts for the Twins, his second of the season.
- The left-hander last appeared on Saturday, Aug. 28 against the Brewers, when he tossed 5 1/3 scoreless innings while giving up three hits.
- His team has won the only matchup he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Albers’ lone start with a total this season went under.
Pick for Rays vs. Twins
The Rays are favored to win over the Twins based on our in-depth games analysis combined with the bet split data from regulated betting sites.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.