Tampa Bay Rays vs. Detroit Tigers: Best Odds and Preview for September 12, 2021
The Tampa Bay Rays (89-53) and the Detroit Tigers (67-76) play on Sunday at 12:10 PM ET to break a 1-1 series tie. The Rays are favored (-158) to win the contest against the Tigers (+137).
Luis Patino takes the mound first for Tampa Bay, and Tarik Skubal is Detroit’s pick to start.
Best Odds for Tampa Bay Rays vs Detroit Tigers
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Rays vs Tigers Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||77%||23%|
|% of Stake||0%||0%|
- The Rays have been chosen as favorites in 93 games this year and have walked away with the win 60 times (64.5%) in those games.
- Contests with Tampa Bay have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 76 of 140 chances this season.
- No team has scored more than the 768 runs the Rays have this season.
- In eight games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Tampa Bay has a record of 3-5.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Rays and their foes are 5-4-1 in their previous 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Patino (4-3 with a 4.65 ERA and 62 strikeouts in 60 innings pitched) gets the start for the Rays, his 13th of the season.
- In his most recent appearance on Sunday, the righty went 2 2/3 innings against the Twins, giving up four earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- Patiño’s team has a 6-6 record in his starts this season.
- Patiño’s starts went over the run total six times in 12 games with a set total this season.
- The Tigers have been the moneyline underdog 120 total times this season. They’ve finished 54-66 in those games.
- In the 143 games bookmakers have set an over/under for Detroit, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 62 times (62-75-6).
- The Tigers have the No. 18 offense in MLB play scoring 4.4 runs per game (625 total runs).
- Detroit was the underdog on the moneyline for nine of its last 10 games, and finished 5-4 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Tigers and their opponents combined to go over the run total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Skubal (8-12) takes the mound first for the Tigers in his 26th start of the season. He has a 4.30 ERA in 136 innings pitched, with 154 strikeouts.
- The left-hander’s last time out was on Monday against the Pirates, when he tossed three innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up four hits.
- Skubal’s team has won 10 of his 25 starts.
- Skubal has had 25 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and 11 of those matchups finished over the total.
Pick for Rays vs. Tigers
Betting split data from regulated betting sites paired with our in-depth statistical analysis favors the Tigers to win over the Rays.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.