Tampa Bay Rays vs. Boston Red Sox: Best Odds and Preview for September 7, 2021
The Tampa Bay Rays (87-51) visit the Boston Red Sox (79-61) at 7:10 PM ET on Tuesday, providing a matchup between two top-10 sluggers. Brandon Lowe has 33 home runs (sixth in the league) for the favored Rays (-111), and Rafael Devers ranks sixth in MLB play with 33 home runs this season for the underdog Red Sox (-105).
Drew Rasmussen starts for Tampa Bay, and Eduardo Rodriguez is Boston’s pick to start.
Best Odds for Tampa Bay Rays vs Boston Red Sox
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Tampa Bay Rays and Boston Red Sox in which the Rays are currently the clear pick at sportsbooks based on money wagered at regulated sportsbooks, yet the Red Sox have picked up a respectable amount of the total number of tickets wagered.
Rays vs Red Sox Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||50%||50%|
|% of Stake||80%||20%|
- The Rays have been chosen as favorites in 90 games this year and have walked away with the win 59 times (65.6%) in those games.
- Tampa Bay and their opponents have hit the over in 74 of their 136 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Rays have scored the most runs (744) in baseball so far this year.
- Tampa Bay has been favored in nine of its past 10 games and won six of those matchups.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Rays and their opponents have combined to clear the total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Rays are sending Rasmussen (1-1) out for his seventh start of the season. He is 1-1 with a 3.38 ERA and 63 strikeouts in 56 innings pitched.
- In his most recent outing on Wednesday against the Red Sox, the right-hander threw four innings, allowing one earned run while surrendering three hits.
- Rasmussen’s team is 4-2 in his six starts.
- Rasmussen’s starts went over the run total two times in six games with a set total this season.
Red Sox Insights
- The Red Sox have gone 27-24 in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 52.9% of those games).
- Boston has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 140 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 63 of those games (63-74-3).
- The Red Sox have the No. 3 offense in MLB play scoring 5.1 runs per game (709 total runs).
- Boston has a 2-2 record across the four games it was moneyline underdogs in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Red Sox and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Rodriguez gets the start for the Red Sox, his 27th of the season. He is 11-7 with a 4.88 ERA and 156 strikeouts in 132 2/3 innings pitched.
- The lefty last appeared on Thursday against the Rays, when he went six scoreless innings while giving up four hits.
- Rodríguez’s team has a 17-9 record in his starts this season.
- Rodríguez has started 26 contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in 12 of them.
Pick for Rays vs. Red Sox
The Rays are favored to win over the Red Sox based on our in-depth games analysis combined with the betting split data provided by regulated betting sites.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.