Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. New England Patriots: Best Odds and Preview for Week 4
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-1) are favored by 6.5 points versus the New England Patriots (1-2) on October 3, 2021, starting at 8:20 PM ET. An over/under of 49 points has been set for the matchup.
Best odds for Buccaneers vs. Patriots
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New England Patriots in which the Buccaneers are currently the clear pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Buccaneers Vs. Patriots Spread Betting Action
Tampa Bay stats and betting info
Betting trends for Tampa Bay
- Tampa Bay has covered the spread once in opportunities this season.
- The Buccaneers are 1-1 against the spread when favored by 6.5 points or more this season.
- All of Tampa Bay’s three games with a set total have hit the over.
|Pass yards||362.3 (1087)||2|
|Rush yards||56.3 (169)||31|
|Points scored||34.3 (103)||1|
|Pass yards against||348.7 (1046)||31|
|Rush yards against||63.7 (191)||4|
|Points allowed||29.3 (88)||27|
Key players for Tampa Bay
- Tom Brady has thrown for 1,087 yards (362.3 ypg) to lead Tampa Bay, completing 68.8% of his passes and collecting 10 touchdown passes compared to two interceptions this season.
- Leonard Fournette has 92 rushing yards on 24 carries. He’s also tacked on 12 catches for 77 yards (25.7 per game).
- Ronald Jones II has carried the ball 15 times for 52 yards (17.3 per game).
- Chris Godwin’s team-leading 241 yards as a receiver have come on 19 receptions (out of 26 targets) with two touchdowns.
- Mike Evans has caught 16 passes for 205 yards (68.3 yards per game) and two touchdowns this year.
- Rob Gronkowski’s 16 grabs are good enough for 184 yards and four touchdowns.
Tampa Bay injuries
Buccaneers: Leonard Fournette: Out (Ankle), Chris Godwin: Out (Hamstring), Scotty Miller: Questionable (Hip)
New England stats and betting info
Betting trends for New England
- New England is 1-2-0 against the spread this year.
- None of New England’s three games with a set total this year have hit the over.
|Pass yards||245.7 (737)||20|
|Rush yards||91.7 (275)||24|
|Points scored||18.0 (54)||24|
|Pass yards against||180.0 (540)||3|
|Rush yards against||122.7 (368)||25|
|Points allowed||17.0 (51)||6|
Key players for New England
- Mac Jones leads New England with 737 yards on 81-of-120 passing with two touchdowns compared to three interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Damien Harris, has carried the ball 45 times for 176 yards (58.7 per game) with one touchdown.
- James White has run for 38 yards across 10 carries, scoring one touchdown. He’s chipped in with 12 catches for 94 yards.
- Jakobi Meyers’ 176 receiving yards (58.7 yards per game) are best on his team. He has 19 receptions on 29 targets.
- Kendrick Bourne has put up a 123-yard season so far with one touchdown. He’s caught nine passes on 14 targets.
- Nelson Agholor’s 18 targets have resulted in 10 receptions for 110 yards and one touchdown.
New England injuries
Patriots: Adam Butler: Questionable (Shoulder), Isaiah Wynn: Questionable (Calf), Cody Davis: Out (Rib), Shaq Mason: Questionable (Calf), Julian Edelman: Questionable (Knee), Sony Michel: Questionable (Quadricep)
Pick for Buccaneers vs. Patriots
Bet split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth statistical analysis favors the Buccaneers to cover the spread against the Patriots.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!