Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Dallas Cowboys: Best Odds and Preview for Week 1
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-0) are favored by 8 points versus the Dallas Cowboys (0-0) on September 9, 2021, starting at 8:20 PM ET. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 51.5.
Best odds for Buccaneers vs. Cowboys
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Dallas Cowboys in which the Buccaneers are currently the clear pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Buccaneers Vs. Cowboys Spread Betting Action
Tampa Bay stats and betting info
Betting trends for Tampa Bay
- Tampa Bay covered nine times in 16 games with a spread last season.
- The Buccaneers were favored by 8 points or more four times last season, and covered the spread in two of those matchups.
- Last season, nine of Tampa Bay’s games went over the point total.
|Pass yards||298.5 (4776)||4|
|Rush yards||94.9 (1519)||28|
|Points scored||30.8 (492)||3|
|Pass yards against||269.4 (4311)||23|
|Rush yards against||80.6 (1289)||1|
|Points allowed||22.2 (355)||8|
Key players for Tampa Bay
- Tom Brady’s previous season stat line featured 4,633 passing yards (289.6 yards per game) while going 401-for-610 (65.7% completion percentage) with 40 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.
- Last year, Ronald Jones II went to work rushing for 978 yards on 192 carries (69.9 yards per game) and scored seven touchdowns.
- Giovani Bernard racked up 416 rushing yards on 124 carries (26.0 yards per game) and three touchdowns last season. Bernard also put his name on the receiving stat lines with 47 catches for 355 yards (22.2 per game) and three touchdowns.
- In the previous season, Mike Evans reeled in 70 catches for 1,006 yards (62.9 ypg) while he was targeted 109 times. He also scored 13 touchdowns.
- Chris Godwin also filled up his receiving stat line last year. He collected 65 receptions for 840 yards and seven touchdowns. He was targeted 84 times and averaged 52.5 receiving yards per game.
- Rob Gronkowski’s stat line last year looked like this: a total of 623 yards, 45 catches, seven touchdowns, and 38.9 yards per game (on 77 targets).
Tampa Bay injuries
Buccaneers: Mike Evans: Doubtful (Hamstring)
Dallas stats and betting info
Betting trends for Dallas
- Dallas put together a 5-11-0 ATS record last year.
- The Cowboys were an underdog by 8 points or more three times last season, and covered the spread in one of those matchups.
- In Dallas’ games last season, the combined scoring went over the point total nine times.
|Pass yards||281.9 (4511)||7|
|Rush yards||111.8 (1788)||17|
|Points scored||24.7 (395)||17|
|Pass yards against||238.8 (3820)||10|
|Rush yards against||158.8 (2541)||31|
|Points allowed||29.6 (473)||28|
Key players for Dallas
- Dak Prescott completed 68% of his passes to throw for 1,856 yards and nine touchdowns last season. Prescott also helped on the ground, collecting three touchdowns on 18.6 yards per game.
- Ezekiel Elliott accumulated 979 rushing yards and six touchdowns on the ground in addition to 338 receiving yards and two touchdowns through the air during last year’s campaign.
- Tony Pollard ran for four touchdowns on 435 yards a year ago.
- Amari Cooper averaged 69.6 receiving yards and racked up five receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2020 season.
- CeeDee Lamb averaged 58.4 receiving yards on 6.9 targets per game in 2020, scoring five touchdowns.
- Michael Gallup worked his way to five receiving touchdowns and 843 receiving yards (52.7 ypg) last season.
Cowboys: Jourdan Lewis: Out (Ankle)
Pick for Buccaneers vs. Cowboys
Betting split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth statistical analysis points to the Buccaneers being favored to cover the spread against the Cowboys.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more NFL insights and betting odds check all of our NFL content here.