Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Atlanta Falcons: Best Odds and Preview for Week 2
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-0) and Atlanta Falcons (0-1) will face off in a battle of two division rivals. The Buccaneers are heavy favorites (-12.5). The total for this one is set at 52 points.
Best odds for Buccaneers vs. Falcons
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Atlanta Falcons in which the Buccaneers are currently the clear pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Buccaneers Vs. Falcons Spread Betting Action
Tampa Bay stats and betting info
Betting trends for Tampa Bay
- Tampa Bay won nine games against the spread last season, while failing to cover seven times.
- The Buccaneers were favored by 12.5 points or more two times last season, and covered the spread in one of those contests.
- Tampa Bay and its opponents combined to go over the point total nine out of 16 times last season.
|Pass yards||298.5 (4776)||4|
|Rush yards||94.9 (1519)||28|
|Points scored||30.8 (492)||3|
|Pass yards against||269.4 (4311)||23|
|Rush yards against||80.6 (1289)||1|
|Points allowed||22.2 (355)||8|
Key players for Tampa Bay
- Tom Brady put up a passing stat line last year of 4,633 passing yards with a 65.7% completion rate (401-of-610), 40 touchdowns, 12 interceptions, and an average of 289.6 yards per game.
- Last year, Ronald Jones II picked up 978 rushing yards (69.9 yards per game) and seven touchdowns.
- Giovani Bernard ran for 416 yards on 124 carries (26.0 ypg), with three rushing touchdowns last year. Bernard also made his name known on the passing side of the game with 47 receptions for 355 yards (22.2 ypg) and three touchdowns.
- In the previous season, Mike Evans hauled in 70 catches for 1,006 yards (62.9 ypg) while he was targeted 109 times. He also scored 13 touchdowns.
- Chris Godwin amassed 840 yards on 65 grabs with seven touchdowns. He was targeted 84 times and averaged 52.5 receiving yards per game last year.
- Rob Gronkowski hauled in 45 passes on 77 targets for 623 yards and seven touchdowns, averaging 38.9 yards per game last year.
Tampa Bay injuries
Buccaneers: Chris Godwin: Doubtful (Concussion), Antony Auclair: Out (Calf)
Atlanta stats and betting info
Betting trends for Atlanta
- Atlanta went 7-9-0 ATS last year.
- In Atlanta’s games last season, the combined scoring went over the point total seven times.
|Pass yards||288.8 (4620)||5|
|Rush yards||95.8 (1532)||27|
|Points scored||24.8 (396)||16|
|Pass yards against||307.4 (4918)||32|
|Rush yards against||104.8 (1677)||6|
|Points allowed||25.9 (414)||19|
Key players for Atlanta
- Matt Ryan completed 65% of his passes to throw for 4,581 yards and 26 touchdowns last season.
- Wayne Gallman averaged 42.6 rushing yards per game and tallied six rushing touchdowns last year.
- Mike Davis rushed for 642 yards and six touchdowns last season. He also averaged 23.3 receiving yards per game.
- Calvin Ridley was targeted 8.9 times per game and piled up 1,374 receiving yards and nine touchdowns over the course of 2020.
- Russell Gage averaged 49.1 receiving yards on 6.8 targets per game in 2020, scoring four touchdowns.
- Hayden Hurst worked his way to six receiving touchdowns and 571 receiving yards (35.7 ypg) last season.
Falcons: Marlon Davidson: Doubtful (Knee), Charles Harris: Out (Ankle), Kendall Sheffield: Out (Foot), Jake Matthews: Questionable (Knee)
Pick for Buccaneers vs. Falcons
Bet split data from regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth games analysis points to the Buccaneers being favored to cover the spread against the Falcons.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!