St. Louis Cardinals vs New York Yankees Betting Odds & Game Analysis | August 5
The New York Yankees visit the St. Louis Cardinals at Busch Stadium, taking the field at 8:15pm ET on Friday August 5th, 8:15pm ET. The St. Louis Cardinals are 1.5-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 8.5 runs.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the Major League Baseball game between the New York Yankees and St. Louis Cardinals.
St. Louis and New York Betting Info
- Sixteen of the Cardinals’ last 20 night games against AL East opponents have gone OVER the total runs line.
- The Yankees have lost each of their last six road games against teams that held a winning record.
New York Yankees Stats
|Team Batting AVG||.245|
|AVG Runs Scored||5.3|
Key Players for New York
- Jordan Montgomery: 3.69 ERA, 7.61 K/9, 1.10 WHIP
- Jameson Taillon: 3.96 ERA, 7.76 K/9, 1.16 WHIP
- Ronald Marinaccio: 2.08 ERA, 10.73 K/9, 0.85 WHIP
- Clayton Holmes: 1.77 ERA, 9.46 K/9, 0.92 WHIP
- Aaron Judge: .298 Batting Avg, .386 OBP, .676 SLG, 1.062 OPS, 89 Runs
- Gleyber Torres: .254 Batting Avg, .309 OBP, .460 SLG, .769 OPS, 47 Runs
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa: .275 Batting Avg, .317 OBP, .324 SLG, .641 OPS, 47 Runs
- Andrew Benintendi: .050 Batting Avg, .310 OBP, .050 SLG, .360 OPS, 2 Runs
- Aaron Hicks: .223 Batting Avg, .344 OBP, .320 SLG, .664 OPS, 39 Runs
- David LeMahieu: .289 Batting Avg, .392 OBP, .427 SLG, .819 OPS, 67 Runs
- Joshua Donaldson: .220 Batting Avg, .301 OBP, .384 SLG, .685 OPS, 35 Runs
- Anthony Rizzo: .227 Batting Avg, .347 OBP, .511 SLG, .858 OPS, 64 Runs
- Jose Trevino: .265 Batting Avg, .304 OBP, .461 SLG, .765 OPS, 29 Runs
St. Louis Cardinals Stats
|Team Batting AVG||.252|
|AVG Runs Scored||4.6|
Key Players for St. Louis
- Giovanny Gallegos: 3.35 ERA, 11.38 K/9, 1.09 WHIP
- James Naile: 0.00 ERA, 6.00 K/9, 0.33 WHIP
- Nolan Arenado: .293 Batting Avg, .363 OBP, .540 SLG, .903 OPS, 49 Runs
- Lars Nootbaar: .227 Batting Avg, .317 OBP, .395 SLG, .712 OPS, 20 Runs
- Yadier Molina: .208 Batting Avg, .219 OBP, .285 SLG, .504 OPS, 10 Runs
- Paul Goldschmidt: .332 Batting Avg, .413 OBP, .614 SLG, 1.027 OPS, 72 Runs
- Thomas Edman: .259 Batting Avg, .324 OBP, .372 SLG, .696 OPS, 69 Runs
- Jose Pujols: .231 Batting Avg, .313 OBP, .402 SLG, .715 OPS, 18 Runs
- Tyler O’Neill: .233 Batting Avg, .300 OBP, .364 SLG, .664 OPS, 30 Runs
- Dylan Carlson: .247 Batting Avg, .315 OBP, .409 SLG, .724 OPS, 38 Runs
- Paul DeJong: .140 Batting Avg, .226 OBP, .280 SLG, .506 OPS, 8 Runs
MLB Computer Picks For Betting Previews
MLB computer picks are betting recommendations made by an AI computer algorithm with a final check by sports betting analyst.
The AI algorithm considers various data points to come up with its betting prediction. Betting trends, game venue, line-ups, weather, injury, news updates, and a wide range of stats are the factors taken into account when making MLB betting preview computer picks.
A professional sports bettor performs the final check.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best MLB Odds across legal sportsbooks.
Sign up for BestOdds’ Newsletter
The most entertaining betting analysis and cherry-picked insights in your inbox.
Yankees vs. Blue Jays Player Props | Jose Trevino | Friday
Yankees vs. Blue Jays Player Props | Jameson Taillon | Friday
Yankees vs. Blue Jays Player Props | Andrew Benintendi | Friday
Twins vs. Rangers Player Props | Luis Arraez | Friday
The Texas Rangers visit the Minnesota Twins at Target Field, taking the field at 8:10pm ET on Friday August 19th. The Texas Rangers are 1-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 8 runs…