St. Louis Cardinals vs. New York Mets: Best Odds and Preview for September 13, 2021
Francisco Lindor leads the New York Mets (72-72) into a contest with the St. Louis Cardinals (73-69) after his three-home run showing in a 7-6 win over the Yankees. The Cardinals are favored (-110) for this tilt against the underdog Mets (-108), which starts at 7:10 PM ET on Monday.
Adam Wainwright starts for St. Louis while New York will counter with Rich Hill.
Best Odds for St. Louis Cardinals vs New York Mets
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the St. Louis Cardinals and New York Mets in which the Cardinals are currently the pick at sportsbooks based on money wagered at regulated sportsbooks, yet the Mets have picked up a majority of the total number of tickets wagered.
Cardinals vs Mets Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||32%||68%|
|% of Stake||68%||32%|
- The Cardinals have won in 44, or 59.5%, of the 74 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Contests with St. Louis have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 64 of 142 chances this season.
- The Cardinals have scored 584 runs (just 4.1 per game) this season, which ranks 26th in MLB.
- The Cardinals are named as favorites for the first time in a while, they have been favored to lose in their last 10 games.
- In their last 10 matchups with a total posted by oddsmakers, the Cardinals and their foes are 4-5-1 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Wainwright (15-7) gets the starting nod for the Cardinals in his 29th start of the season. He has a 2.98 ERA in 184 1/3 innings pitched, with 163 strikeouts.
- In his last outing on Wednesday against the Dodgers, the righty went 8 1/3 innings, giving up four earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- Over Wainwright’s 28 starts, his team is 18-10.
- Wainwright’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in 12 of 28 games.
- The Mets have won 21 of the 58 games they were listed as the moneyline underdog this season (36.2%).
- In the 144 games bookmakers have set an over/under for New York, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 60 times (60-76-8).
- The Mets score the fourth-fewest runs in baseball (566 total, four per game).
- In the last 10 games, New York was named the moneyline underdog by bookmakers only twice, and it split those games.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Mets and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Mets will send Hill (0-2) to the mound to make his ninth start of the season. He is 0-2 with a 3.71 ERA and 36 strikeouts over 43 2/3 innings pitched.
- The lefty last pitched on Wednesday against the Marlins, when he tossed six innings, allowing one earned run while giving up five hits.
- Hill’s team has compiled a 3-5 record over his eight starts.
- Hill has had eight starts with a total this season, and the teams combined to hit the over in one of those matchups.
Pick for Cardinals vs. Mets
Betting split data from regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth statistical analysis points to the Cardinals being favored to win over the Mets.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!