St. Louis Cardinals vs. Milwaukee Brewers: Best Odds and Preview for September 30, 2021
Christian Yelich will look for his 100th hit of the season (he has 97) when his Milwaukee Brewers (95-63) play the St. Louis Cardinals (88-70) on Thursday at 1:15 PM ET. The Brewers are underdogs (-101) to the Cardinals (-116).
St. Louis’ J.A. Happ starts against Milwaukee’s Brett Anderson.
Best Odds for St. Louis Cardinals vs Milwaukee Brewers
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the St. Louis Cardinals and Milwaukee Brewers.
- The Cardinals have been victorous in 52, or 62.7%, of the 83 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- St. Louis and their opponents have gone over in 74 of their 158 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Cardinals have scored the 19th-most runs in the league this season with 691 (4.4 per game).
- In five games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, St. Louis has a record of 4-1.
- When it comes to the total, the Cardinals and their opponents are 6-4 in their previous 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Happ makes the start for the Cardinals, his 11th of the season. He is 4-2 with a 3.97 ERA and 38 strikeouts over 47 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Friday, the lefty tossed four scoreless innings against the Cubs while surrendering two hits.
- Happ’s team has a 6-4 record in his starts this season.
- Happ has had 10 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in four of those outings.
- The Brewers have put together a 19-13 record in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 59.4% of those games).
- Milwaukee has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 72 times this season for a 72-76-10 record against the over/under.
- The Brewers score the 12th-most runs in baseball (719 total, 4.6 per game).
- In the last 10 games, Milwaukee was listed as the moneyline underdog by bookmakers only once, a game it won.
- In their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Brewers combined with their opponents to go over the total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Anderson makes the start for the Brewers, his 23rd of the season. He is 4-9 with a 4.30 ERA and 56 strikeouts through 90 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Wednesday, Sept. 22 against the Cardinals, the left-hander tossed 1 2/3 innings, allowing two earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- Anderson’s team has won 10 of his 22 starts.
- Anderson’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in six of 22 contests.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!