St. Louis Cardinals vs. Milwaukee Brewers: Best Odds and Preview for September 29, 2021
Both the St. Louis Cardinals (87-69) and the Milwaukee Brewers (94-62) enter Wednesday’s contest on win streaks. The favored Cardinals (-125) have won 16 straight games, while the underdog Brewers (+105) are winners of their last three.
St. Louis’ Miles Mikolas gets the start against Milwaukee’s Adrian Houser.
Best Odds for St. Louis Cardinals vs Milwaukee Brewers
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the St. Louis Cardinals and Milwaukee Brewers.
- The Cardinals have been chosen as favorites in 82 games this year and have walked away with the win 52 times (63.4%) in those games.
- St. Louis and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 73 of their 156 opportunities.
- The Cardinals have scored the 19th-most runs in the league this season with 685 (4.4 per game).
- In six games as the favorite over the last 10 contests, St. Louis has a perfect record of 6-0.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Cardinals and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on six occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Mikolas (2-2) gets the starting nod for the Cardinals in his ninth start of the season. He’s put together a 4.15 ERA in 39 innings pitched, with 24 strikeouts.
- In his most recent outing on Wednesday against the Brewers, the right-hander went seven innings, giving up two earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- Mikolas’ team has put together a 5-3 record over his eight starts.
- Mikolas has had eight starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in five of those games.
- The Brewers have won 58.1% of the games this season they were the moneyline underdog (18-13).
- Milwaukee has played in 156 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 71 times (71-75-10).
- The Brewers are the 12th-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.6 runs per game (717 total).
- Milwaukee has not been the moneyline underdog over the last 10 games.
- In their last 10 matchups — all of which had a set run total — the Brewers and their opponents combined to go over the total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Houser will try to secure his 10th win when he makes the start for the Brewers, his 26th of the season. He is 9-6 with a 3.34 ERA and 104 strikeouts over 137 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Thursday against the Cardinals, the righty tossed six innings, allowing one earned run while surrendering five hits.
- Houser’s team has won 17 of his 25 starts.
- Houser has had 25 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and 17 of those matchups hit the over.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.