St. Louis Cardinals vs Cincinnati Reds Betting Odds & Game Analysis | September 15
The Cincinnati Reds visit the St. Louis Cardinals at Busch Stadium, taking the field at 7:45pm ET on Thursday September 15th, 7:45pm ET. The Cincinnati Reds are 1.5-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 8 runs.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the Major League Baseball game between the Cincinnati Reds and St. Louis Cardinals.
St. Louis and Cincinnati Betting Info
- Each of the last four games between the Reds and Cardinals at Busch Stadium have gone OVER the total runs line.
- The Cardinals have won each of their last eight games at Busch Stadium against NL Central Division opponents that held a losing record.
Cincinnati Reds Stats
|Team Batting AVG||.240|
|AVG Runs Scored||4.2|
Key Players for Cincinnati
- Justin Dunn: 6.10 ERA, 6.09 K/9, 1.58 WHIP
- Hunter Strickland: 5.21 ERA, 8.30 K/9, 1.57 WHIP
- Luke Farrell: 9.00 ERA, 11.25 K/9, 2.50 WHIP
- Aristides Aquino: .206 Batting Avg, .252 OBP, .368 SLG, .620 OPS, 21 Runs
- Jonathan India: .257 Batting Avg, .325 OBP, .404 SLG, .729 OPS, 43 Runs
- James Farmer: .267 Batting Avg, .328 OBP, .395 SLG, .723 OPS, 54 Runs
- Charles Robinson: .091 Batting Avg, .091 OBP, .182 SLG, .273 OPS, 2 Runs
- Jake Fraley: .245 Batting Avg, .344 OBP, .479 SLG, .823 OPS, 30 Runs
- Nicholas Senzel: .229 Batting Avg, .294 OBP, .297 SLG, .591 OPS, 42 Runs
- Spencer Steer: .225 Batting Avg, .340 OBP, .375 SLG, .715 OPS, 7 Runs
- Jose Israel Barrero: .160 Batting Avg, .198 OBP, .224 SLG, .422 OPS, 9 Runs
- Terry Friedl: .258 Batting Avg, .310 OBP, .455 SLG, .765 OPS, 29 Runs
St. Louis Cardinals Stats
|Team Batting AVG||.257|
|AVG Runs Scored||4.9|
Key Players for St. Louis
- Jordan Montgomery: 2.05 ERA, 8.19 K/9, 0.97 WHIP
- Ryan Helsley: 1.23 ERA, 12.96 K/9, 0.74 WHIP
- Jacob Woodford: 2.82 ERA, 4.46 K/9, 1.17 WHIP
- Nolan Arenado: .298 Batting Avg, .360 OBP, .553 SLG, .913 OPS, 69 Runs
- Lars Nootbaar: .224 Batting Avg, .339 OBP, .443 SLG, .782 OPS, 44 Runs
- Yadier Molina: .218 Batting Avg, .241 OBP, .303 SLG, .544 OPS, 17 Runs
- Paul Goldschmidt: .324 Batting Avg, .412 OBP, .603 SLG, 1.015 OPS, 101 Runs
- Thomas Edman: .268 Batting Avg, .325 OBP, .413 SLG, .738 OPS, 90 Runs
- Brendan Donovan: .286 Batting Avg, .389 OBP, .381 SLG, .770 OPS, 51 Runs
- Jose Pujols: .266 Batting Avg, .339 OBP, .525 SLG, .864 OPS, 31 Runs
- Tyler O’Neill: .230 Batting Avg, .308 OBP, .397 SLG, .705 OPS, 55 Runs
- McKenzie Dickerson: .291 Batting Avg, .321 OBP, .435 SLG, .756 OPS, 26 Runs
In the last 5 matchups between the Cardinals and Reds, the Cardinals won three times and the Reds won twice. Their most recent matchup on August 31, 2022 ended 5-3 with the St. Louis Cardinals taking the win.
MLB Computer Picks For Betting Previews
MLB computer picks are betting recommendations made by an AI computer algorithm with a final check by sports betting analyst.
The AI algorithm considers various data points to come up with its betting prediction. Betting trends, game venue, line-ups, weather, injury, news updates, and a wide range of stats are the factors taken into account when making MLB betting preview computer picks.
A professional sports bettor performs the final check.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best MLB Odds across legal sportsbooks.
Sign up for BestOdds’ Newsletter
The most entertaining betting analysis and cherry-picked insights in your inbox.
About the author
He has been involved in the sports betting industry for years as a producer and handicapper specifically focusing on the EPL and other football lea...[Read full bio]