St. Louis Cardinals vs Chicago Cubs Betting Odds & Game Analysis | August 4
The Chicago Cubs visit the St. Louis Cardinals at Busch Stadium, taking the field at 1:15pm ET on Thursday August 4th, 1:15pm ET. The Chicago Cubs are 1-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 7.5 runs.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the Major League Baseball game between the Chicago Cubs and St. Louis Cardinals.
St. Louis and Chicago Betting Info
- Seven of the Cubs’ last eight games have gone UNDER the total runs line.
- The underdogs have won four of the Cubs’ last six games at Busch Stadium.
Chicago Cubs Stats
|Team Batting AVG||.244|
|AVG Runs Scored||4.2|
Key Players for Chicago
- Keegan Thompson: 3.48 ERA, 8.03 K/9, 1.27 WHIP
- Rowan Wick: 4.36 ERA, 9.14 K/9, 1.73 WHIP
- Rafael Ortega: .234 Batting Avg, .322 OBP, .352 SLG, .674 OPS, 25 Runs
- Nelson Velazquez: .237 Batting Avg, .301 OBP, .500 SLG, .801 OPS, 14 Runs
- Nicholas Hoerner: .294 Batting Avg, .337 OBP, .416 SLG, .753 OPS, 33 Runs
- Willson Contreras: .253 Batting Avg, .369 OBP, .459 SLG, .828 OPS, 51 Runs
- Patrick Wisdom: .224 Batting Avg, .317 OBP, .451 SLG, .768 OPS, 51 Runs
- Frank J. Schwindel: .236 Batting Avg, .283 OBP, .369 SLG, .652 OPS, 23 Runs
- Ian Happ: .276 Batting Avg, .357 OBP, .431 SLG, .788 OPS, 45 Runs
- Seiya Suzuki: .256 Batting Avg, .329 OBP, .436 SLG, .765 OPS, 28 Runs
- Nicklaus Madrigal: .222 Batting Avg, .263 OBP, .250 SLG, .513 OPS, 8 Runs
St. Louis Cardinals Stats
|Team Batting AVG||.252|
|AVG Runs Scored||4.6|
Key Players for St. Louis
- Giovanny Gallegos: 3.43 ERA, 11.44 K/9, 1.12 WHIP
- James Naile: 0.00 ERA, 6.75 K/9, 0.38 WHIP
- Nolan Arenado: .292 Batting Avg, .359 OBP, .532 SLG, .891 OPS, 46 Runs
- Lars Nootbaar: .230 Batting Avg, .321 OBP, .407 SLG, .728 OPS, 19 Runs
- Yadier Molina: .207 Batting Avg, .218 OBP, .286 SLG, .504 OPS, 10 Runs
- Paul Goldschmidt: .332 Batting Avg, .412 OBP, .611 SLG, 1.023 OPS, 70 Runs
- Thomas Edman: .255 Batting Avg, .322 OBP, .367 SLG, .689 OPS, 68 Runs
- Jose Pujols: .235 Batting Avg, .314 OBP, .410 SLG, .724 OPS, 18 Runs
- Tyler O’Neill: .233 Batting Avg, .298 OBP, .351 SLG, .649 OPS, 29 Runs
- Dylan Carlson: .250 Batting Avg, .317 OBP, .413 SLG, .730 OPS, 37 Runs
- Paul DeJong: .136 Batting Avg, .204 OBP, .273 SLG, .477 OPS, 8 Runs
In the last 5 matchups between the Cardinals and Cubs, the Cardinals won three times and the Cubs won twice. Their most recent matchup on August 2, 2022 ended 6-0 with the St. Louis Cardinals taking the win.
MLB Computer Picks For Betting Previews
MLB computer picks are betting recommendations made by an AI computer algorithm with a final check by sports betting analyst.
The AI algorithm considers various data points to come up with its betting prediction. Betting trends, game venue, line-ups, weather, injury, news updates, and a wide range of stats are the factors taken into account when making MLB betting preview computer picks.
A professional sports bettor performs the final check.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best MLB Odds across legal sportsbooks.
Sign up for BestOdds’ Newsletter
The most entertaining betting analysis and cherry-picked insights in your inbox.
White Sox vs. Royals Player Props | Luis Robert | Thursday
The Chicago White Sox visit the Kansas City Royals at Kauffman Stadium, taking the field at 2:10pm ET on Thursday August 11th. The Kansas City Royals are 1.5-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 7.5 runs…