St. Louis Cardinals vs Chicago Cubs Betting Odds & Game Analysis | August 2
The Chicago Cubs visit the St. Louis Cardinals at Busch Stadium, taking the field at 7:45pm ET on Tuesday August 2nd, 7:45pm ET. The Chicago Cubs are 1.5-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 8.5 runs.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the Major League Baseball game between the Chicago Cubs and St. Louis Cardinals.
St. Louis and Chicago Betting Info
- Six of the Cubs’ last seven games have gone UNDER the total runs line.
- The Cardinals have won each of their last eight night games against NL Central opponents following a road win.
Chicago Cubs Stats
|Team Batting AVG||.244|
|AVG Runs Scored||4.2|
Key Players for Chicago
- David Robertson: 2.23 ERA, 11.38 K/9, 1.04 WHIP
- Mark Leiter Jr.: 5.01 ERA, 9.59 K/9, 1.21 WHIP
- Justin Steele: 3.86 ERA, 8.60 K/9, 1.43 WHIP
- Rafael Ortega: .233 Batting Avg, .323 OBP, .354 SLG, .677 OPS, 25 Runs
- Yan Gomes: .219 Batting Avg, .239 OBP, .343 SLG, .582 OPS, 15 Runs
- Nicholas Hoerner: .294 Batting Avg, .338 OBP, .418 SLG, .756 OPS, 33 Runs
- Willson Contreras: .252 Batting Avg, .365 OBP, .453 SLG, .818 OPS, 51 Runs
- David Bote: .260 Batting Avg, .327 OBP, .380 SLG, .707 OPS, 9 Runs
- Patrick Wisdom: .224 Batting Avg, .318 OBP, .453 SLG, .771 OPS, 51 Runs
- Frank J. Schwindel: .236 Batting Avg, .283 OBP, .371 SLG, .654 OPS, 23 Runs
- Ian Happ: .279 Batting Avg, .360 OBP, .436 SLG, .796 OPS, 45 Runs
- Seiya Suzuki: .260 Batting Avg, .335 OBP, .444 SLG, .779 OPS, 28 Runs
St. Louis Cardinals Stats
|Team Batting AVG||.251|
|AVG Runs Scored||4.6|
Key Players for St. Louis
- Patrick Naughton: 4.13 ERA, 8.62 K/9, 1.13 WHIP
- Giovanny Gallegos: 3.43 ERA, 11.44 K/9, 1.12 WHIP
- Neil Pallante: 3.18 ERA, 6.48 K/9, 1.40 WHIP
- Nolan Arenado: .290 Batting Avg, .358 OBP, .524 SLG, .882 OPS, 45 Runs
- Paul Goldschmidt: .329 Batting Avg, .409 OBP, .603 SLG, 1.012 OPS, 69 Runs
- Brendan Donovan: .280 Batting Avg, .394 OBP, .373 SLG, .767 OPS, 31 Runs
- Jose Pujols: .235 Batting Avg, .314 OBP, .410 SLG, .724 OPS, 18 Runs
- Tyler O’Neill: .233 Batting Avg, .298 OBP, .351 SLG, .649 OPS, 29 Runs
- Dylan Carlson: .250 Batting Avg, .318 OBP, .405 SLG, .723 OPS, 36 Runs
- Paul DeJong: .143 Batting Avg, .213 OBP, .286 SLG, .499 OPS, 8 Runs
- Andrew Knizner: .216 Batting Avg, .306 OBP, .269 SLG, .575 OPS, 14 Runs
In the last 5 matchups between the Cardinals and Cubs, the Cardinals won three times and the Cubs won twice. Their most recent matchup on June 26, 2022 ended 6-5 with the Chicago Cubs taking the win.
MLB Computer Picks For Betting Previews
MLB computer picks are betting recommendations made by an AI computer algorithm with a final check by sports betting analyst.
The AI algorithm considers various data points to come up with its betting prediction. Betting trends, game venue, line-ups, weather, injury, news updates, and a wide range of stats are the factors taken into account when making MLB betting preview computer picks.
A professional sports bettor performs the final check.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best MLB Odds across legal sportsbooks.
Sign up for BestOdds’ Newsletter
The most entertaining betting analysis and cherry-picked insights in your inbox.
About the author
He has been involved in the sports betting industry for years as a producer and handicapper specifically focusing on the EPL and other football lea...[Read full bio]