St. Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs: Best Odds and Preview for September 25, 2021
Lars Nootbaar leads the St. Louis Cardinals (85-69) into a matchup against the Chicago Cubs (67-87) after his two-home run outing in a 12-4 win over the Cubs. The Cardinals are favored on the moneyline (-165) for this game against the underdog Cubs (+143), which starts at 2:20 PM ET on Saturday.
St. Louis has Jon Lester starting things off, while Chicago counters Adrian Sampson.
Best Odds for St. Louis Cardinals vs Chicago Cubs
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the St. Louis Cardinals and Chicago Cubs in which the Cardinals are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Cardinals vs Cubs Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||83%||17%|
|% of Stake||87%||13%|
- The Cardinals have been victorous in 50, or 62.5%, of the 80 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- St. Louis and their opponents have hit the over in 72 of their 154 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Cardinals rank 19th in the league with 673 total runs scored this season.
- St. Louis has been the favorite in five of their last 10 contests and won each of those games.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Cardinals and their opponents are 7-3 in their previous 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Lester makes the start for the Cardinals, his 27th of the season. He is 7-6 with a 4.59 ERA and 81 strikeouts in 131 1/3 innings pitched.
- His last appearance came on Monday against the Brewers, when the lefty threw six innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing three hits.
- Lester’s team has won six of his 10 starts.
- Lester’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in five of 10 contests.
- The Cubs have been the moneyline underdog 91 total times this season. They’ve gone 29-62 in those games.
- Chicago has combined with opponents to go over the total 73 times this season for a 73-73-8 record against the over/under.
- The Cubs have the No. 21 offense in MLB play scoring 4.3 runs per game (668 total runs).
- Chicago has a 2-7 record across the nine games it was moneyline underdogs in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Cubs and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total each time.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Sampson (1-2) gets the starting nod for the Cubs in his fourth start of the season. He has a 2.84 ERA in 25 1/3 innings pitched, with 17 strikeouts.
- The right-hander last appeared in relief on Sunday, when he threw four innings against the Brewers, allowing two earned runs while giving up four hits.
- Sampson’s team has a 2-1 record in his starts this season.
- Sampson has started three games with a set total this season. His team has fallen short of the total in each of them.
Pick for Cardinals vs. Cubs
Our in-depth games analysis paired with the betting split data from regulated betting sites favors the Cardinals to win over the Cubs.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.