St. Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs: Best Odds and Preview for October 1, 2021
Dylan Carlson leads the St. Louis Cardinals (89-70) into a matchup against the Chicago Cubs (69-90) after he homered twice in a 4-3 win over the Brewers. The Cardinals are favorites (-200) against the Cubs (+170) in this outing, which begins at 8:15 PM ET on Friday.
St. Louis has Dakota Hudson set to start, and Chicago will counter with Zach Davies.
Best Odds for St. Louis Cardinals vs Chicago Cubs
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the St. Louis Cardinals and Chicago Cubs.
- The Cardinals have been favorites in 84 games this season and have come away with the win 53 times (63.1%) in those contests.
- Contests with St. Louis have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 74 of 159 chances this season.
- The Cardinals rank 19th in the league with 695 total runs scored this season.
- St. Louis has been favored in six of its past 10 games and won five of those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups with a total posted by sportsbooks, the Cardinals and their foes are 6-4 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Hudson starts for the first time this season for the Cardinals.
- The 27-year-old right-hander has one appearance in relief this season.
- When he pitched in a game last season, his team posted a record of 4-4.
- The games he pitched went over the run total set by oddsmakers in two of eight opportunities last season.
- The Cubs have won 30.9% of the games this season they were the moneyline underdog (29-65).
- Chicago has combined with opponents to go over the total 76 times this season for a 76-75-8 record against the over/under.
- The Cubs are the 22nd-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.3 runs per game (684 total).
- Chicago has a 1-6 record from the seven games it was the underdog on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings — all of which had a set run total — the Cubs and their opponents combined to go over the total eight times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Davies (6-12) takes the mound first for the Cubs in his 33rd start of the season. He’s put together a 5.78 ERA in 148 innings pitched, with 114 strikeouts.
- In his most recent appearance on Saturday, the righty threw two innings against the Cardinals, giving up six earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- Davies’ team has won 14 of his 32 starts.
- Davies has had 32 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and 17 of those matchups finished over the total.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!