South Dakota vs. Illinois State: Best Odds and College Football Preview for 10/23/2021
In a matchup of two conference rivals, the South Dakota Coyotes (5-2, 0-0 MVFC) will meet the Illinois State Redbirds (2-4, 0-0 MVFC). The Coyotes are big favorites, expected to win by at least two touchdowns (currently -17.5). The expected point total for the game is 42.5.
Best odds for South Dakota vs. Illinois State
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
South Dakota stats and betting info
Betting trends for South Dakota
- South Dakota has a 5-1-0 record against the spread this season.
- South Dakota has gone over in four of its six games with a set total (66.7%).
- Four South Dakota games this season have gone over Saturday’s total of 42.5 points.
- The Coyotes have seen a 45.8 average over/under in their games this season, 3.3 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- The Coyotes average 30.2 fewer yards per game (37.6) than the Redbirds give up per outing (67.8).
- This year, the Coyotes have zero turnovers, two fewer than the Redbirds have takeaways (2).
|Pass yards||193.7 (1356)||74|
|Rush yards||195.3 (1367)||21|
|Points scored||30.1 (211)||19|
|Pass yards against||216.9 (1518)||72|
|Rush yards against||87.9 (615)||12|
|Points allowed||16.1 (113)||11|
Key players for South Dakota
- Carson Camp has thrown for 1,300 yards (185.7 ypg) to lead South Dakota, completing 63.6% of his passes and tossing 11 touchdown passes and two interceptions this season.
- Travis Theis has carried the ball 101 times for a team-high 493 yards (70.4 per game), with six touchdowns this year.
- Carter Bell’s team-high 389 receiving yards (55.6 yards per game) have come on 26 receptions with three touchdowns.
Illinois State stats and betting info
Betting trends for Illinois State
- Illinois State is 1-4-0 against the spread this season.
- The Redbirds are a perfect 1-0 against the spread when an underdog by 17.5 points or more this year.
- Illinois State games have hit the over in three out of five opportunities (60%).
- Three of Illinois State’s games ended with a combined score over 42.5 points this season.
- A difference of 4.7 points separates the average total points bet in Redbirds’ games (47.2 points) and this game’s over/under (42.5 points).
- The Redbirds rack up 25.5 fewer yards per game (9.5) than the Coyotes allow per matchup (35.0).
- The Redbirds have turned the ball over one more time (1 total) than the Coyotes have forced a turnover (0) this season.
|Pass yards||134.0 (804)||113|
|Rush yards||135.3 (812)||71|
|Points scored||19.5 (117)||91|
|Pass yards against||202.7 (1216)||54|
|Rush yards against||170.0 (1020)||90|
|Points allowed||25.8 (155)||53|
Key players for Illinois State
- Jackson Waring has thrown for 521 yards (86.8 ypg) to lead Illinois State, completing 59.4% of his passes and collecting three touchdown passes and three interceptions this season.
- Cole Mueller has carried the ball 65 times for a team-high 400 yards (66.7 per game), with two touchdowns this year.
- Austin Nagel’s 246 receiving yards (41.0 yards per game) lead the team. He has nine receptions with one touchdown.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more college football insights and betting odds check all of our college football content here.