South Carolina State vs. Norfolk State Betting Odds & Game Analysis | College Football Week 12 Predictions
The Norfolk State Spartans (6-4, 0-0 MEAC) are the favorites — expected to win by at least a field goal, but less than a touchdown (currently -5) — against the South Carolina State Bulldogs (5-5, 0-0 MEAC) in a battle of two conference rivals. The over/under for this one is set at 61 points.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Norfolk State stats and betting info
Betting trends for Norfolk State
- So far this season, Norfolk State has compiled a 3-4-0 record against the spread.
- The Spartans are 1-4 against the spread when favored by 5 points or more this season.
- Three of Norfolk State’s seven games with a set total have hit the over (42.9%).
- This season, Norfolk State and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s total of 61 points three times.
- This season the average total for Spartans games is 57.9 points, 3.1 fewer than the over/under of 61 points for this contest.
- The Spartans rack up 32.3 fewer yards per game (60.8), than the Bulldogs give up per outing (93.1).
- In games that Norfolk State churns out over 93.1 yards, the team is 0-2 overall.
- This year, the Spartans have turned the ball over three times, while the Bulldogs have forced three.
|Pass yards||226.8 (2268)||46|
|Rush yards||221.9 (2219)||10|
|Points scored||34.4 (344)||14|
|Pass yards against||202.5 (2025)||50|
|Rush yards against||129.7 (1297)||36|
|Points allowed||30.7 (307)||87|
Key players for Norfolk State
- Juwan Carter has thrown for 2,268 yards (226.8 ypg) to lead Norfolk State, completing 63.5% of his passes and collecting 19 touchdown passes and four interceptions this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 345 rushing yards (34.5 ypg) on 78 carries with six rushing touchdowns.
- J.J. Davis’ team-high 854 rushing yards (85.4 per game) have come on 113 carries, with nine touchdowns this year. He’s also added 13 catches for 183 yards (18.3 per game) and one touchdown.
- Justin Smith’s team-high 669 receiving yards (66.9 yards per game) have come on 44 receptions with seven touchdowns.
South Carolina State stats and betting info
Betting trends for South Carolina State
- South Carolina State is only 2-7-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as at least 5-point underdogs this season, the Bulldogs are 1-0 against the spread.
- The teams have hit the over in three of South Carolina State’s nine games with a set total .
- This season, South Carolina State has played only two games with a combined score over 61 points.
- The over/under for this contest is 6.1 points more than the average over/under in Bulldogs’ games this season (54.9 points).
- The Bulldogs collect 66.3 yards per game, only 19.1 fewer than the 85.4 the Spartans allow.
- South Carolina State is 0-2 overall when the team picks up more than 85.4 yards.
- The Bulldogs have turned the ball over four times this season, three more turnovers than the Spartans have forced (1).
|Pass yards||206.2 (2062)||63|
|Rush yards||138.0 (1380)||71|
|Points scored||23.7 (237)||75|
|Pass yards against||220.4 (2204)||75|
|Rush yards against||131.9 (1319)||39|
|Points allowed||28.3 (283)||73|
Key players for South Carolina State
- Corey Fields leads South Carolina State with 1,894 passing yards (189.4 ypg) on 148-of-298 passing with 11 touchdowns and 10 interceptions this season. He also has 206 rushing yards (20.6 ypg) on 71 carries while scoring one touchdown on the ground.
- Kendrell Flowers’ team-high 639 rushing yards (63.9 per game) have come on 126 carries, with nine touchdowns this year.
- Shaquan Davis’ 628 receiving yards (62.8 yards per game) lead the team. He has 29 receptions with two touchdowns.
Sports bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!