SFA vs. Lamar Betting Odds & Game Analysis | College Football Week 12 Predictions
The Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks (7-3, 0-0 ASUN-WAC) are heavy favorites — expected to win by at least two touchdowns (currently -26.5) — against the Lamar Cardinals (2-8, 0-0 ASUN-WAC) in a matchup of two conference rivals. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 51.5.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
SFA stats and betting info
Betting trends for SFA
- SFA has a 6-2-0 record against the spread this season.
- When they have played as at least 26.5-point favorites this season, the ‘Jacks are 1-0 against the spread.
- The teams have hit the over in four of SFA’s eight games with a set total .
- SFA and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s total (51.5 points) four times this season.
- The ‘Jacks have seen a 51.1 average over/under in their games this season, 0.4 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- The ‘Jacks rack up just 5.2 fewer yards per game (37.5) than the Cardinals allow per matchup (42.7).
- This year, the ‘Jacks have turned the ball over zero times, while the Cardinals have forced zero.
|Pass yards||295.8 (2958)||12|
|Rush yards||134.5 (1345)||78|
|Points scored||34.1 (341)||15|
|Pass yards against||182.1 (1821)||25|
|Rush yards against||114.9 (1149)||26|
|Points allowed||19.1 (191)||20|
Key players for SFA
- Trae Self has thrown for 2,696 yards (269.6 ypg) to lead SFA, completing 64.1% of his passes and collecting 23 touchdown passes and six interceptions this season. He’s also run for 260 yards (26.0 ypg) on 68 carries.
- The team’s top rusher, Miles Reed, has carried the ball 136 times for 548 yards (54.8 per game), with three touchdowns this year.
- Xavier Gipson’s team-leading 1,102 receiving yards (110.2 yards per game) have come on 62 receptions with 14 touchdowns.
Lamar stats and betting info
Betting trends for Lamar
- Lamar has a 4-5-0 record against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as at least 26.5-point underdogs this season, the Cardinals are 1-1 against the spread.
- Lamar games have hit the over in four out of nine opportunities (44.4%).
- This season, five of Lamar’s games have ended with a score higher than 51.5 points.
- A difference of 2.9 points separates the average total points bet in Cardinals’ games (54.4 points) and this matchup’s over/under (51.5 points).
- The Cardinals collect 24.1 fewer yards per game (12.2) than the ‘Jacks allow (36.3).
- The Cardinals have two giveaways this season, while the ‘Jacks have four takeaways .
|Pass yards||110.9 (1109)||126|
|Rush yards||146.7 (1467)||59|
|Points scored||16.4 (164)||114|
|Pass yards against||207.8 (2078)||59|
|Rush yards against||187.7 (1877)||110|
|Points allowed||35.9 (359)||111|
Key players for Lamar
- Michael Chandler II has 578 passing yards (57.8 ypg) to lead Lamar, completing 53.1% of his passes and recording four touchdown passes and one interception this season.
- Chaz Ward has carried the ball 83 times for a team-high 286 yards (28.6 per game), with four touchdowns this year.
- Erik Pizarro’s 338 receiving yards (33.8 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s collected 24 receptions and two touchdowns.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best college football odds across legal sportsbooks.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!