Seattle Seahawks vs. Indianapolis Colts: Best Odds and Preview for Week 1
The Seattle Seahawks (0-0) are favored by 2.5 points versus the Indianapolis Colts (0-0) on September 12, 2021, starting at 1:00 PM ET. The predicted point total for the matchup is 49.5.
Best odds for Seahawks vs. Colts
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Seattle Seahawks and Indianapolis Colts in which the Seahawks are currently the clear pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Seahawks Vs. Colts Spread Betting Action
Seattle stats and betting info
Betting trends for Seattle
- Seattle compiled an 8-8-0 ATS record last year.
- The Seahawks covered the spread five times last season (5-8 ATS) when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- Last season, the combined scoring went over the point total seven times in Seattle’s games.
|Pass yards||265.3 (4245)||13|
|Rush yards||123.2 (1971)||12|
|Points scored||28.7 (459)||8|
|Pass yards against||300.7 (4811)||31|
|Rush yards against||95.6 (1529)||5|
|Points allowed||23.2 (371)||15|
Key players for Seattle
- Last season, Russell Wilson recorded a monster stat line with 4,212 passing yards (263.3 yards per game), a 68.8% completion percentage (384-of-558), 40 touchdowns, and only 13 interceptions. He also added 513 rushing yards on 83 carries with two rushing touchdowns (averaging 32.1 yards per game).
- Last year, Chris Carson took 141 attempts for 681 rushing yards (42.6 yards per game) and scored five touchdowns. When it comes to receiving, he also caught 37 passes for 287 yards (17.9 receiving yards per game) and collected four touchdowns.
- In the previous season, D.K. Metcalf grabbed 83 passes (on 129 targets) for 1,303 yards (81.4 yards per game). He also found the end zone for 10 touchdowns.
- Tyler Lockett also filled up his receiving stat line last year. He grabbed 100 receptions for 1,054 yards and 10 touchdowns. He was targeted 132 times and put up 65.9 receiving yards per game.
- Gerald Everett’s stat line last year looked like this: a total of 417 yards, 41 catches, one touchdown, and 26.1 yards per game (on 62 targets).
Seahawks: Jamarco Jones: Questionable (Illness), Phillip Dorsett II: Questionable (Foot), Cedric Ogbuehi: Out (Pectoral)
Indianapolis stats and betting info
Betting trends for Indianapolis
- Indianapolis compiled an 8-8-0 record against the spread last year.
- The Colts were an underdog by 2.5 points or more once last year, and covered the spread.
- Indianapolis and its opponents combined to hit the over nine out of 16 times last season.
|Pass yards||261.6 (4186)||14|
|Rush yards||124.8 (1996)||11|
|Points scored||28.2 (451)||9|
|Pass yards against||257.9 (4127)||19|
|Rush yards against||90.5 (1448)||2|
|Points allowed||22.6 (362)||10|
Key players for Indianapolis
- Carson Wentz completed 57.4% of his passes to throw for 2,620 yards and 16 touchdowns last season. Wentz also helped on the ground, collecting five touchdowns on 17.3 yards per game.
- Jonathan Taylor accumulated 1,169 rushing yards and 11 touchdowns on the ground in addition to 299 receiving yards and one touchdown through the air during last year’s campaign.
- Last season Nyheim Hines rushed for 23.8 yards per game and averaged 30.1 receiving yards per game. He also scored seven touchdowns.
- Zach Pascal averaged 39.3 yards on 2.8 receptions per game and compiled five receiving touchdowns in 2020.
- Michael Pittman Jr. averaged 38.7 receiving yards on 4.7 targets per game in 2020, scoring one touchdown.
Colts: Julian Blackmon: Out (Knee), Matthew Adams: Questionable (Ankle)
Pick for Seahawks vs. Colts
Our in-depth games analysis combined with the bet split data provided by regulated betting sites points to the Seahawks being favored to cover the spread against the Colts.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!