Seattle Mariners vs. Texas Rangers: Best Odds and Preview for August 18, 2021
A pair of baseball’s best power hitters go head-to-head when the Seattle Mariners (64-56) and the Texas Rangers (42-77) meet at 8:05 PM ET on Wednesday at Globe Life Field. Mitch Haniger has 26 home runs (eighth in the league) for the favored Mariners (-169), and Adolis Garcia ranks eighth in MLB play with 26 long balls this season for the Rangers (+145). Marco Gonzales starts for Seattle while Texas will counter with Mike Foltynewicz.
Best Odds for Seattle Mariners vs Texas Rangers
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Seattle Mariners and Texas Rangers in which the Mariners are currently the clear pick among bettors to claim victory.
Mariners vs Rangers Moneyline Action
- The Mariners have come away with 13 wins in the 27 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- Seattle and their opponents have gone over in 57 of their 120 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Mariners have scored 501 runs (4.2 per game) this season, which ranks 22nd in MLB.
- Seattle has played as the favorite in five of its past 10 games and has gone 3-2 in those contests.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Mariners and their foes are 3-7 in their previous 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Gonzales makes the start for the Mariners, his 17th of the season. He is 4-5 with a 4.35 ERA and 74 strikeouts through 89 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Thursday against the Rangers, the left-hander tossed nine innings, giving up one earned run while surrendering two hits.
- Gonzales’ team is 8-8 over his 16 starts.
- Gonzales has had 16 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and five of those games finished over the total.
- The Rangers have put together a 35-67 record in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 34.3% of those games).
- Texas has played in 119 games with over/under set, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 57 times (57-56-6).
- The Rangers score the second-fewest runs in baseball (446 total, 3.7 per game).
- Texas played as the moneyline underdog in each of its last 10 games, and finished 3-7 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups — all of which had a set run total — the Rangers and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Foltynewicz (2-11 with a 5.66 ERA and 86 strikeouts in 124 innings pitched) gets the start for the Rangers, his 24th of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance came on Thursday against the Mariners, when he threw seven innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up six hits.
- Foltynewicz’s team has a 7-16 record over his 23 starts.
- Foltynewicz’s starts hit the over on the run total 10 times in 23 games with a set total this season.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!