Seattle Mariners vs. Oakland Athletics: Best Odds and Preview for September 27, 2021
The Seattle Mariners (86-70) square off against the Oakland Athletics (85-71) in a game sportsbooks have listed as a pick ’em on Monday at T-Mobile Park, starting at 10:10 PM ET.
Seattle has Chris Flexen starting, while Oakland will send out Cole Irvin.
Best Odds for Seattle Mariners vs Oakland Athletics
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Seattle Mariners and Oakland Athletics in which the Mariners are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Mariners vs Athletics Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||77%||23%|
|% of Stake||72%||28%|
- The Mariners have won in 23, or 53.5%, of the 43 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Seattle and their opponents have hit the over in 78 of their 156 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Mariners have scored the 22nd-most runs in the league this season with 666 (4.3 per game).
- Seattle has been favored in four of its past 10 games and won three of those matchups.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Mariners and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on three occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Flexen (13-6) gets the starting nod for the Mariners in his 30th start of the season. He’s put together a 3.56 ERA in 169 1/3 innings pitched, with 118 strikeouts.
- The right-hander last pitched on Thursday against the Athletics, when he went seven innings, allowing one earned run while giving up three hits.
- Flexen’s team has compiled a 20-9 record over his 29 starts.
- Flexen’s starts hit the over on the run total 15 times in 29 games with a set total this season.
- The Athletics have been the underdog on the moneyline 50 total times this season. They’ve finished 22-28 in those games.
- In the 155 games oddsmakers have set an over/under for Oakland, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 70 times (70-80-5).
- The Athletics are the 11th-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.6 runs per game (717 total).
- Oakland was listed as the moneyline underdog by bookmakers just twice in the last 10 games, and won both matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings — all of which had a set run total — the Athletics and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total two times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Irvin (10-14) takes the mound first for the Athletics in his 31st start of the season. He’s put together a 3.99 ERA in 169 1/3 innings pitched, with 117 strikeouts.
- The left-hander last appeared on Thursday against the Mariners, when he threw five innings, allowing three earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- Over Irvin’s 30 starts, his team is 14-16.
- Irvin has had 30 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined to go over the total in 10 of those matchups.
Pick for Mariners vs. Athletics
An in-depth games analysis paired with the bet split data from regulated betting sites favors the Mariners to win over the Athletics.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.